publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Extension??????????????????????????

How long is the processing of an extension? Is it legal to stay if you apply for extension and the INS is not replying for an answer yet.

How long is the processing of an extension? Is it legal to stay if you apply for extension and the INS is not replying for an answer yet.

For what kind of visa are you apllying an extention for? There is no preset timeline for extentions.

But most visas have requirements that you have to file a certain period of time before exparation of the current visa. If you did and you didn't receive the extention yet you are still in legal status otherwise you might get into illegal status.

and she wants to be able to extend her stay until they can best figure out how to apply to the INS to get her LPR status.

I think that if she has a immigrant visa petition pending, then they wil deny the extension of her non-immigrant status. The non-immigrant visa status does not allow you to havedual-intent".

Chissy, I think you should speak to a really competent attorney who might be able to advise you of the appicable laws that you may avail of, so that your father may file for you.

In the interim, please re-think about over-staying/and or exteding your visa, as it might come back to haunt you. The INS might accuse you of misrepresention if it comes to light that you applied for an extension knwoing full well that you were buying some timt to file an immigration petition

This is just my humble opinion, based on the laws.

Good luck!

Paudy

thank you, but I have no intention of doing that, I just want to stay longer because my sister-in-law needs me, my brother past away last sept. 11 at WTC and left her 2 kids which is 2 and 5 years old and she's having hard time with this situation. My brother was EMT who died in the line of duty, his a HERO. Although I been suffering also for the lost of my brother I feel we will feel more better if we are together with his family.

Please accept my aplogies for assuming about your situation. I thought you had posted in another thread that your father was a natural born USC.

I think you need to go ahead and file for an extension of your I-94. Please go to www.ins.gov for more info on how to do this.

Once again, I am sorry.

Paudy

It's alright Paudy,I understand you.......