publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: My Husband's Interview was 2 Years ago; now what???

He has had to get his work authorization card re-approved twice already. The hold up is, his passport had been sent to the Bureau of Whatever in Chicago to check for authenticity (his little brother had spilled glue in the drawer where he kept it and it got messed up). The interview was three weeks before September 11.

Our lawyer has checked in writing at least three times; every time we are told "will try to get to it soon" with the 9/11 issues and countries taking priority (he is from Ecuador).

Can we do anything else to get this over with soon?

Thanks,

Frustrated loving wife in MN

He has had to get his work authorization card re-approved twice already. The hold up is, his passport had been sent to the Bureau of Whatever in Chicago to check for authenticity (his little brother had spilled glue in the drawer where he kept it and it got messed up). The interview was three weeks before September 11.

Our lawyer has checked in writing at least three times; every time we are told "will try to get to it soon" with the 9/11 issues and countries taking priority (he is from Ecuador).

Can we do anything else to get this over with soon?

Thanks,

Frustrated loving wife in MN

cool down, I appled 7 years ago, Had my I-130 approved but still no interview.

7 yearssssssssss picker ??????????

Than I guess you must have some complicated case...appeal or waiver or something else..

good luck

why not contact your congress person? They can set an inquiry in motion and see where they are at.

You know, I was just about to do that last fall when my Senator died in a plane crash (Paul Wellstone, who was a wonderful advocate for immigrants). His replacement is not someone I can see being of much help. However, I should probably try our other senator, Mark Dayton. Thanks for the suggestion - we are feeling so stuck and frustrated.

Thanks again those who responded before. We just got a letter from our lawyer with copies of her request for update and the INS response "this is one of my cases; I will look at it once I have time to work on my own cases." Our lawyer recommended in writing, as you did, that we contact our legislator, which we did last week.

Question: if the citizenship waiting period is 3 years and it will be 2 years since his interview (at least) when he gets his green card, does sthat count toward the waiting period or does the 3 year wait begin at the issue of the green card?

Also - as a parent I know the best way to stop annoying behavior is generally to ignore it. Since the moderator of this board seems unable or unwilling to intervene, let's all not reply any more to ignorant, inflammatory posts. Maybe the attention lovers will tire of us and move somewhere else.

IT COUNTS TOWARD THE WAITING PERIOD NANCE...
    IF HE GETS HIS gc RIGHT NOW THATN WE WILL HAVE ONLY ONE YEAR BEFORE TO APPLY TO USC...
    GOOD LUCK

Great - thanks!