50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: cdn with questions

My husband and I(Canadian citizen) were married in Oct. 2002. We are from NC and sent our I130 and I485 to the TSC in Nov. We have gotten our notice of receipt(in Nov.) But they sent the I485 back to us and told us to file it with our local office in Charlotte. We understood that we were to send them together to Texas. But we did send it to the Charlotte office. The Charlotte office sent it back and said we had to wait for our I130 to be approved. Do we wait until our I30 is sent back to us approved before we can send the I485 to the Charlotte office. The letter Texas sent us said it would be 500-600 days, but on line it said 990-999 days which is right?
    And will it be another long wait once we are able to send our I485 in to the Charlotte office?

Also at what point can I apply to travel back to Canada. Should I get a lawyer or can we do it ourselves. My mother is sick and I would like to have my papers in order in case I have to make a trip up there. What should I do?

My husband and I(Canadian citizen) were married in Oct. 2002. We are from NC and sent our I130 and I485 to the TSC in Nov. We have gotten our notice of receipt(in Nov.) But they sent the I485 back to us and told us to file it with our local office in Charlotte. We understood that we were to send them together to Texas. But we did send it to the Charlotte office. The Charlotte office sent it back and said we had to wait for our I130 to be approved. Do we wait until our I30 is sent back to us approved before we can send the I485 to the Charlotte office. The letter Texas sent us said it would be 500-600 days, but on line it said 990-999 days which is right?
    And will it be another long wait once we are able to send our I485 in to the Charlotte office?

Also at what point can I apply to travel back to Canada. Should I get a lawyer or can we do it ourselves. My mother is sick and I would like to have my papers in order in case I have to make a trip up there. What should I do?

The district office should have taken the simultanously filed applications. Although it is the law that they must, usually there is somebody who is applying is wrongly. Is the I-130 currently being adjudicated?

You should not leave until you have received the advance parole.

info@myronmorales.com

The Texas Service Center kept the I130 and sent the I485 back. We're now waiting until something happens with the I130.

Can I apply for advanced parole even if nothing has been started with my I130 (as far as I know)?