50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Would like your opinion

You seem to have a lot of experience - trial by fire maybe - and I wondered what you would think my husband's chances are of getting his green card.

We have a legitimate marriage, all the required proof, filed the marriage petition with a 601 waiver since he entered on another's passport. I think we applied during the last 245 - application receipt was for early April 2001, didn't the 245 expire April 30 that year? Anyway. Our interview was also in 2001. He recently was asked to update the fingerprints, resubmit more current proofs and joint tax returns. Our lawyer is also adding to the waiver his use of fake ss# in the past -he made less than $13,000 in three years, has notified SSA and they have reassigned the earnings, and he is filing back taxes under his new, correct number.

Since he has not been in deportation hearings, just out of status and adjusting based on marriage, to what degree do you think approval is in jeaopardy due to the two issues of illegal entry and past use of a fake ssn#?

Appreciate any insight, and good luck with the rest of your process.

You seem to have a lot of experience - trial by fire maybe - and I wondered what you would think my husband's chances are of getting his green card.

We have a legitimate marriage, all the required proof, filed the marriage petition with a 601 waiver since he entered on another's passport. I think we applied during the last 245 - application receipt was for early April 2001, didn't the 245 expire April 30 that year? Anyway. Our interview was also in 2001. He recently was asked to update the fingerprints, resubmit more current proofs and joint tax returns. Our lawyer is also adding to the waiver his use of fake ss# in the past -he made less than $13,000 in three years, has notified SSA and they have reassigned the earnings, and he is filing back taxes under his new, correct number.

Since he has not been in deportation hearings, just out of status and adjusting based on marriage, to what degree do you think approval is in jeaopardy due to the two issues of illegal entry and past use of a fake ssn#?

Appreciate any insight, and good luck with the rest of your process.

deport illegal aliens

I don't know have any idea about illegal entries but since he was honest about the ssn issue and disclosed the information, I wouldn't think there will be any problems. He is married to a US citizen and plus there are waivers being filed. There are millions of people using fake ssn's, I wouldn't worry about it. You could be questioned about it during an interview but if there was a federal charge for using fake documents, he should have been arrested for that charge long time ago. INS doesn't usually care about the use of fake ssn's. What bothers them is the creation, production, distribution of ssn cards. If your husband created himself a number or he helped others to create and distribute then there is a problem.
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

No, his dad gave him a card he'd bought off the street when my husband got here at age 19. We already discussed the illegal entry issue at the interview and the officer seemed satisfied with that. I know our lawyer doesn't seem concerned with the SSN thing - I was just worried that that on top of the illegal entry might not bode well. He never tried to pass as a USC or committed any crimes (other than the "crime of moral turpitude" of using a false SSN).

Anyway, thanks again!

Did he know he was using a false SSN? Because the question on AOS app. is "knowingly and willfully committed crime of moral turpitude"
    SEMPER VIPER / Army Strong!

I am not sure he did; his dad arranged everything - met him at the airport and gave him the fake card and told him when applying for work to check the box "authorized to work" but never check "us citizen". As time went on and his English improved he certainly figured out that he was out of status and using false documentation - but as for the moment he entered and started living here, it is questionable. I did not meet him till he'd been here 2 1/2 years already.