50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: to boni/antman23 and others

Hi boni/antaman23 i think the term " children " just means son or daughter of beneficiary. It doesnt matter what our age was when the petition had become current. WE still are children of our parents. And if there is any doubt regarding age ...... then from my point of view we should take into consideration the age which was at the time petition was filed....otherwise why would have been this law was passed. Well Antman23 is meeting a lawyer...lets see what news he brings for all of us. I am also sending letters to lawyers for online consultation and if we get some positive response from them...then we'll meet some reputed lawyer in person. But still one of the most important question remains unanswered that ok assume that we could make it to US with our parents....but how should we proceed with the paper work . WEll could u plz send me the address of site where i can find the full ACT on immigration. I still havent gone thru the full ACT...i have just seen the later part that was appended on 6th AUGUST (ie CSPA).... my email address is asaluja17@yahoo.com

regards
    amit

Hi boni/antaman23 i think the term " children " just means son or daughter of beneficiary. It doesnt matter what our age was when the petition had become current. WE still are children of our parents. And if there is any doubt regarding age ...... then from my point of view we should take into consideration the age which was at the time petition was filed....otherwise why would have been this law was passed. Well Antman23 is meeting a lawyer...lets see what news he brings for all of us. I am also sending letters to lawyers for online consultation and if we get some positive response from them...then we'll meet some reputed lawyer in person. But still one of the most important question remains unanswered that ok assume that we could make it to US with our parents....but how should we proceed with the paper work . WEll could u plz send me the address of site where i can find the full ACT on immigration. I still havent gone thru the full ACT...i have just seen the later part that was appended on 6th AUGUST (ie CSPA).... my email address is asaluja17@yahoo.com

regards
    amit

I read the amending provisions ofthe law many times and to my understanding the term "CHILDREN" means that if you were under 21 years old at the time the beneficiary's visa number becomes available you will be considered a "CHILD" through out- no aged out. but there is a qualifying provision which says "but only if the alien (refering to the beneficiary) has sought to acquire the status of an alien (refering to you) lawfully admitted for permenent residence within one year of such availability; reduced by (B) the number of days in the peroid during which the applicable petiton described in paragraph (2) was pending," This qualifying provision is the one that I have a hard time understanding it. I think we have to wait for the rules and regulations of the INS to know what it means.