50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: legal or illegal?

i came across the can/us border. they have me documented on their computer as coming across often, although not last time. i got married since the last time. the time before then was about 1 months before i got married. i didnt get any # or visa u dont need one for visiting states from canada.

without a document visa of any kind am legal or illegal? i went across border and they asked me questions and told me to go have fun. i was vacationing here then decided to get married while i was here instead of waiting for the fiancee visa, cause i found out from comp site and later a lawyer we didnt have to wait.

is this going to hamper my chance of getting AOS?

i came across the can/us border. they have me documented on their computer as coming across often, although not last time. i got married since the last time. the time before then was about 1 months before i got married. i didnt get any # or visa u dont need one for visiting states from canada.

without a document visa of any kind am legal or illegal? i went across border and they asked me questions and told me to go have fun. i was vacationing here then decided to get married while i was here instead of waiting for the fiancee visa, cause i found out from comp site and later a lawyer we didnt have to wait.

is this going to hamper my chance of getting AOS?

Well I think you did right, You can apply for: residency, work permit, fingerprints, via mail too ins with cheque too cover fee.
    What is AOS?
    I think work permit takes 3 to 6 months.
    You must have all your documents like Birth Certificate Passport Marriage Licence.
    ins will want copies of these documents.

AOS is Adjustment Of Status.

You came into the country legally, therefore you qualify for AOS.

One question, how long after you entered did you get married?

i got married about a week after last time i entered. they did not document it at border however. it was about 2 weeks to a month before this i think that i was documented as coming across.

yes i need a work permit but i get that automatically with my change of status. i do have my b/c and my marriage license/certificate

how long does it take to get change of status does anyone know?

You coming into the country and getting married just a couple of days afterwards might trigger the 30/60 rule which means marriagefraud.

The INS automatically presumes that if you get married within 30 days of entry it is fraud and that means big trouble.

I suggest to talk to a good lawyer.

AOS can take anywhere from 6 months to more than 2 years.

my marriage is very real. border records show my visits every weekend for about 6 months to visit bf.

so i guess i should use the month before( they got records of that time last as when i came over last?

thanks for info as to how long it takes for the change.