50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: INS Interview

In September i had an interview for my U.S citizenship at the Baltimore INS office. I currently hold a green card and am a Canadian citizen. During the interview, the officer asked if i had ever had anything involving the courts. I did not understand that this meant any court in any country,as i had an assault cased dropped about 9 years ago in Canada. When i had interview for my U.S green card in Canada 7 years ago i had told the officer and provided copies of relevant documents which apparently was in my file.This did not prevent them issuing the green card. At the interview (for the citizenship) the officer said that i was dishonest in my response and added that she has not made a decision at that time about my application. She asked me to redo my photos since they were done wrong and send them in by October 9th. I havent heard from the office since.What can i do at this point to know what the position is. I have been married for 14 yrs, my wife is a U.S citizen, we have 2 kids and i have never even had a speeding ticket.Any response will be appreciated.Thanks.

In September i had an interview for my U.S citizenship at the Baltimore INS office. I currently hold a green card and am a Canadian citizen. During the interview, the officer asked if i had ever had anything involving the courts. I did not understand that this meant any court in any country,as i had an assault cased dropped about 9 years ago in Canada. When i had interview for my U.S green card in Canada 7 years ago i had told the officer and provided copies of relevant documents which apparently was in my file.This did not prevent them issuing the green card. At the interview (for the citizenship) the officer said that i was dishonest in my response and added that she has not made a decision at that time about my application. She asked me to redo my photos since they were done wrong and send them in by October 9th. I havent heard from the office since.What can i do at this point to know what the position is. I have been married for 14 yrs, my wife is a U.S citizen, we have 2 kids and i have never even had a speeding ticket.Any response will be appreciated.Thanks.