50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 56 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: SAMMY, PLEASE HELP ME. I KNOW YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE CAN ANSWER ALL THESE QUESTIONS

Hi Sammy, i've noticed on this forum that as per the requests of people, you have replied on various topics even though some of those topics were not directly related to immigration matter. I found those replies very informative and useful. With that keep in mind, I would highly appreciate if you can help me also in finding the detailed and informative information on two of my concerns-
    (1) I'm a USC and crazy in love with my boyfriend who lives in India. I am in a situation where I can say that I can not live without my boyfriend. I know about all the options available to me to bring him here, but before I start filing any paper, I would like to know in details - what are the bars (all) to permanent residency.
    (2)The another question is that I have very irregular periord, and sometime I don't even have any periord at all for months, so I am just wondering if you have any information on this subject. I did visit to my doctor (GYN) but my doctor did not able to provide me a satisfactory answer in detail even though I asked my doctor and other GYN doctors repeatedly about my situation. The reason I am asking you about this because you have answered many out of immigration issue in the past with full details. Hoping you could help me out too.

Thank you very much in advance. God Bless You.

Hi Sammy, i've noticed on this forum that as per the requests of people, you have replied on various topics even though some of those topics were not directly related to immigration matter. I found those replies very informative and useful. With that keep in mind, I would highly appreciate if you can help me also in finding the detailed and informative information on two of my concerns-
    (1) I'm a USC and crazy in love with my boyfriend who lives in India. I am in a situation where I can say that I can not live without my boyfriend. I know about all the options available to me to bring him here, but before I start filing any paper, I would like to know in details - what are the bars (all) to permanent residency.
    (2)The another question is that I have very irregular periord, and sometime I don't even have any periord at all for months, so I am just wondering if you have any information on this subject. I did visit to my doctor (GYN) but my doctor did not able to provide me a satisfactory answer in detail even though I asked my doctor and other GYN doctors repeatedly about my situation. The reason I am asking you about this because you have answered many out of immigration issue in the past with full details. Hoping you could help me out too.

Thank you very much in advance. God Bless You.

Hi - I am not Sammy and I'll leave the first question to him but I do know about the second question. You sound very young - I would guess the ob/gyns you have seen are unwilling to say you may have a "problem" as yet. However, the most common reason for not menstruating is annovulation - lack of producing an egg each month. There are various reasons why that happens but it is more common than you think. I would recommend checking out some websites like fertilethoughts.com and others - in that one there is a section called PCOS - one of the most common reasons women do not get their periods. There are a lot of people there who can send you in the right direction.

Best of luck,
    Nance Lee

LOL! Sammy, Oh Great Swami, give us the goods on menstruation!

Nina, age and stress can be a factor, also diet. Many female athletes stop menses from their grueling training.

It's good that I usually carry my laptop computer for business related purposes whenever I'm on road. Besides enjoying the summer-time out of my house, I'm in Las Vegas right now and rolling the dices. You have asked the questions wherein a very lengthy answer is required for your better understanding, but let me break it down in brief and make it to-the-point.

Below I list the most important reasons why someone might be barred from entering the United States or getting an immigrant or nonimmigrant visa, which as follow-

-Someone has a communicable disease of public health significance including HIV, tuberculosis, chancroid, gonorrhea, granuloma inguinale, infectious leprosy, lumphogranuloma, enereum, infectious syphilis.

-Someone has a physical or mental disorder and a history of behavior associated with the disorder that may pose or has posed a threat to the property, safety, or welfare of himself/herself or others. This might include alcholism or addiction to a noncontrolled, but mind-altering substance.

-Someone has been convicted, or admits having committed, a crime involving moral turpitutde that is not a purely political offense. This includes attempts of conspiracy to commit crimes involving moral turpitude.

-Someone has been convicted of committing, or admits to having committed, a violation of any law or regulation relating to controlled substances as defined in federal law. In addition to cocaine and heroine, this includes LSD, amphetamines, barbiturates, Seconal, and angel dust. This inadmissiblity includes attempts and conspiracy to commit this crime.

-Someone has been convicted of two or more offenses where the total sentence of confinement actually imposed was five years or more.

-A consular or INS officer has reason to believe that someone has been an illicit trafficker in a controlled substance or that someone has assisted, abetted, conspired, or colluded with others in the illicit trafficking of controlled substances.

-Someone is a prostitute, has committed acts of prostitution, is coming to the United States to engage in prostitutiton, or someone has procured or attempted to procure or import prostitutes. This ground of inadmissibility applies to events that occurred within ten years of your application for a visa or entry into the United States.

-An INS or a consular officer believes that someone is coming to the United States to engage in espionage or sabotage or try to overthrow the U.S. goverment by force, violence, or unlawful means, or that someone is coming to engage in terrorist activities.

-The U.S. government believes that someone's entry or activities would have potentially serious adverse foreign policy consequences.

-Someone is, or has been, a member of affiliated with a communist or other totalitarian party.

-Someone participated in Nazi persecutions or genocide.

-Someone is likely to become a public charge.

-Someone was previously excluded and/or deported from the United States.

-Someone got a visa or tried to get a visa or entered the United States or tried to enter the United States by fraud or willful misrepresentation of a material fact.

- Someone is a stowaway. However, this bar only applies if someone is caught trying to enter the United States. Once that person enters the United States, having been a stowaway will not bar him/her from becoming a permanent resident.

-Someone is a smuggler.

-Someone has committed document fraud.

-Someone is coming to the United States to practice polygamy.

-Someone is permanetnly ineligible for citizenship.

-Someone is accompanying an inadmissible alien whose exclusion is due to infancy, sickness, or physical and mental disability.

-Someone detains, retains, or witholds custody of a child outside of the United States after receipt of a court order granting custody of the child to a U.S. citizen, where the child has a lawful claim to U.S. citizenship.

-Someone is coming to the United States in a category which requires that person obtains a certification from the Department of Labor that there is no U.S. workers ready, willing, and able to handle your job, and s/he does not obtain such certification.

-Someone is a medical graduate of a non-approved medical school who has not successfully completed qualifying exams and who is not competent in **** and written English and you are coming to the United States to perform services as a member of the medical profession.

-Someone knowingly made a frivolous application for asylum after the INS has advised him/her of the consequences of filing a frivolous application.

-Someone hasn't been vaccinated against vaccine-preventeable diseases, including at least the following diseases: mumps, measles, rubella, polio, tetanus and diphtheria toxoids, pertussis, influenza type B, and hepatitis B.

-Someone incited terrorist activity under circumstances indicating an intention to cause death or serious bodily harm.

-Someone failed to appear at his/her removal hearing without reasonable cause. This will bar that person until s/he has been outside of the United States for at least five years.

-Someone has falsely claimed for U.S. citizenship to get a federal or state benefit.

-Someone came here as a nonimmigrant and got public benefits for which s/he was ineligible. This bars him/her until s/he has been outside of the United States for five years.

-Someone came here as an F-1 student to attend elementary or high school and violated his/her status. This bars the person until person has been outside of the United States for five years.

- Someone was removed (deported or excluded) from the United States. This bars the person until the person has been outside of the United States for five years. If a person has been removed twice or convicted of an aggravated felony, s/he will be barred for 20 years to lifetime.

-Someone left the United States after having been in the country unlawfully for more than 180 days. This will bar the person for three years, but s/he may be eligible for a waiver.

-Someone has been in the United States unlawfully for one year or more. This will bar the person for ten years, but s/he may be eligible for a waiver.

-Someone voted unlawfully.

If you believe that your boyfriend doen't fall in any of these above said bars, then you should tell your boyfriend the same as actor- Sharukh Khan told to his beloved in foreign movie-'Dil Wale Dulhaniya Laye Jaiengey' wherein he sung-" mendi laga ke rakna, sajra saja ke rakna, aaenge ab tuje lene tere sajna..."

In response to your second question, I would only say that I'm not a doctor [GYN] nor a female who knows more about this female issue, but I won't disappoint you, so let me try my best in answering you on this issue since I do have some knowledge about it. I won't rule-out or rule-in your age factor in determining underlying causes of your irregular or missed periords because these situations may arise at any time during a female's menstruating lifespam.

There are several possible reasons besides pregnancy why your period may go into hiding, such as-

-Significant weight gain or loss.

-Premature (before age 40) or natural menopause.

-Frequent, intense exericse.

-Thyroid or pituitary gland dysfunction.

-Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), and endocrine/metabolic disorder characterized by overweight, elavated levels or male hormones such as testosterone, decreased levels of progesterone, and higher level of insulin.

-Low-dose birth control pills, which prevent you from building up enough uterine lining to shed each month.

See your physician [GYN], who can help you in identifying the cause of your missing periods, called 'secondary amenorrhea', and the best way to get your period started again. Here are some of the tests your doctor may do-

-A progesterone challenge test. Your physician may try to jump-start your period by giving you the hormone progesterone daily for five to ten days. If you start menstruating again, it means that you are making estrogen but not ovulating for some reason.

-Checking your prolactin level with a blood test. Elevated levels of prolactin-produced by the pituitary gland- can interfere with regular periods.

-Checking your thyroid function with a blood test for thyroid-stimulating hormone (TSH) and thyroxi(T4).

-Checking your levels of testosterone, glucose, and insuline, if your doctor suspects PCOS.

Skipping your periods for many months could affect your bone density, cause heavy breakthrough bleeding, or lead to an overgrowth of the uterine lining and endometrial hyperplasia, a precursor to cancer.

At last, as you know I'm not Diler Mehndi [a indian-punjabi pop singer] who has said in one of his song- 'Jalwa' wherein he said " oh, tenu ishq sikada****e, asi ishq de pujari hei--jalwa tera jalwa", but I can understand your madness of love toward your boyfriend because I've been there and done that. Your situation reminds me a song from a foreign [indian] movie 'DIL' wherein actor- Amir Khan sung a song by saying- "muje nind na ai, muje chan na ai, koie jaya usse dund key laye, na jane kaha dil ko ***a..na jane kaha dil ko ***a...". I can remember singing a song from movie-'Ashqui' when I was in love similar to yours, wherein it was said-" bin tere gujarte hei kese mere din ratt na puchho, jo dil me chhuppi hei mere humkashi vo batt na muchho, ahei barti hu, din ginti hu, jane man jane jigar, tujko hei meri kasam, tu jo na mili to mar jaunga sanam...janam..jane jiger". I did not able to succeed in finding my love, hope you will.

Hope, I've been helpful in answering your questions. Take care always.

Hubby always sings "Mai Chali, Mai Mhali" to me.

Sammy, can you translate "Boohey Barian" by Hadiqa Kiyani to English? It's the most awesome song!

Song:
    http://www.pakistanimusic.com/playerf.php?str=268

Lyrics:
    http://www.pakistanimusic.com/lyrics...oheyBarian.txt

Video:
    http://www.muziqpakistan.com/videos.php

Jo, I couldn't get it the word you asked me to translate, sorry. Are you Indian or Pakistani by origin because if I'm not wrong I read somewhere on this board wherein you mentioned that your real name is 'Rani Punjabi', is your husband the one who calls you by this name only. However, it doesn't make any difference to me and should not be to others. Little or more, I can speak and/or understand lots of languages like- Spanish, Hindi, Urdu, Punjabi, Gujrati, Sindhi, Marathi, Parsi, Tagalog, Illocano, French.

I like the word 'Swami' because those people give 'gyaan', right?

Hi Sammy!

Hmm...I don't want to be 'not' nice, but I think your first question is related to immigration, but pls oh pls...can you post mestrual things to more appropriate 'site' or 'channel'. There are thousand of sites that will tell you the answer of that, and even there are chat groups of this. Pls do not mixed immigration stuff with tooooooo personal things of yours unless its related to immigration. And Sammy not a doctor pls. Go to this SITE and you will find anything that you need with health. You can even plan how to get boy or girl baby.

www.babymed.com

You can surf and find other related health issue, very informative site.

Sammy:

I am a USC, hubby is Pakistani.

Rani Punjabi means Queen of Punjabi. My husbands friends call him Rana (King). He is from Punjab territory.

I made it up, it rhymed with the rest.

I would never post my real name.