free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Immigrating to Canada

Im looking for some advice. Im moving to Canada to be with my girlfriend of over three years. Since our mission to bring her here is fruitless, I will go there. My country....land of the free, has let me down. Does anyone have any advice as to do's or don'ts when immigrating there. Can I go there and still have my two college aged kids as a dependant? They have been able to get a Pell Grant to help with tuition. This is a big move for me but I want to be with the person I love no matter where it is. Thank you for your time

Im looking for some advice. Im moving to Canada to be with my girlfriend of over three years. Since our mission to bring her here is fruitless, I will go there. My country....land of the free, has let me down. Does anyone have any advice as to do's or don'ts when immigrating there. Can I go there and still have my two college aged kids as a dependant? They have been able to get a Pell Grant to help with tuition. This is a big move for me but I want to be with the person I love no matter where it is. Thank you for your time

It is so unfortunate, how strict our immigration laws become. First thing you should do, write to congressman/Senator of your area and let them know your situation. They may help you either introducing a private bill for your girl friend or at least favoring a upcomming bill that will rollback 1996 harsh immigration rules.

Speaking of Canada!

Let me call Canada "land of freedom", their immigration laws are far better and sensible than USA. If you are skilled and educated, you can get their landing paper within six months, and if your girl friend is Canadian she can sponser you and still you get landing paper with in no time.

Education is far cheaper and have better standard in Canada than USA.
    There are grants available for students as well.
    And, free medical.

- Your children can get landing paper through you as long as they are under 21(not sure it may be 24) and student.

Please check a lawyer.

we have applied for immigration to canada it has been 3 months . is it posible to move there workand wait for the immigration to come through

Hello Serinity (shouldn't it be spelled Serenity?),

I just finished my process of getting immigration papers to Canada, and you can be 100% sure that what I say here is 100% accurate. You can sponsor any dependant up to the age of 22. If the child exceeds the age of 22, you can still sponsor that child PROVIDED you can prove that the child is still a dependant AND a full-time student. I know this because at my interview, my 21-year old son was approved but my 24-year old daughter (a graduate of Yale University) was denied because even if I could prove that she is jobless (since she has no U.S. papers even after 18 years in the USA) but I could not prove that she is a full-time student. So my daughter remains in the streets of New York, jobless and without any status whatsoever, and after spending over $150,000 on her college degree. Thank the USA for nothing !

Don't bother writing your senators and congressmen. They are useless morons who won't do anything unless it benefits them. I wrote Feinstein who basically told me to go take a hike.

Thank you for your input...Im nervous and excited about my moving to Canada...Toronto is a fun place ...I would much prefer to live in Iowa but thats not a choice for now...Im hearing more and more people that are immigrating there...I still havent heard anything negative from others that have already moved there...Ive been there lots and have made many friends...I will be looking for a medical office to work in, i hope i can find something...Again, thanks to all that took the time to reply...Have a good day****

You can work in Canada on a work permit before you receive your Permanent Residency if you can obtain a job offer in Canada. Check out this article about how http://www.canadavisa.com/canadian-immigration-work-per...nged-employment.html]work permits can speed up your Canadian immigration application[/URL].

This is not a forum about Canadian immigration. This site is limited to US immigration questions. Anyway, as long as you can Speak English, you can be accepted by Canada. During the interview, always say Canada is better than America. Mention that Canada is much better because it's on top of America in the map.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by serinity:
    Im looking for some advice. Im moving to Canada to be with my girlfriend of over three years. Since our mission to bring her here is fruitless, I will go there. My country....land of the free, has let me down. Does anyone have any advice as to do's or don'ts when immigrating there. Can I go there and still have my two college aged kids as a dependant? They have been able to get a Pell Grant to help with tuition. This is a big move for me but I want to be with the person I love no matter where it is. Thank you for your time </div></BLOCKQUOTE>