50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: GREEN CARD BY MARRIAGE

hi, I'm getting married next week. he's an USC and my work permit expired 3 months ago However, I have some questions:
    1) Will we have any problems getting green card? (penalty?) I entered US legally.
    2) He didn't make enough money last year. But he's making $17,000 this year. However it's not the tax season yet. Can he still sponsor me? (The year before last year, he made enough money. He just got laid off last year for 3 months.)
    3) Do I need to have the medical exam now? Do I need to have it send the same time I submit all the other forms?
    4) How much the total legal fee is going to cost?

hi, I'm getting married next week. he's an USC and my work permit expired 3 months ago However, I have some questions:
    1) Will we have any problems getting green card? (penalty?) I entered US legally.
    2) He didn't make enough money last year. But he's making $17,000 this year. However it's not the tax season yet. Can he still sponsor me? (The year before last year, he made enough money. He just got laid off last year for 3 months.)
    3) Do I need to have the medical exam now? Do I need to have it send the same time I submit all the other forms?
    4) How much the total legal fee is going to cost?

Hey there,

1.- No really, even tho your visa is expired you will get pardoned since you are getting married to a USC.

2.- You can always find a co-sponsor if you think he does not make enough money for this matter.

3.- Check out the forms, i think you need to wait for this, im not sure tho.

4.- Legal fee... well, i guess it depends on who are you guys hiring to help you out with this. Most people do it their selves, is not too complicated, just be sure you READ the whole thing at least twice before you start writing anything, make sure you have plenty of copies of the forms (you can download them out their website), out there in the WWW you can find do-it-yourself packages for immigration.

Check out Adjustent Of Status on BCIS website also, you are out of status since your visa is expired, nothing complicated, just one more form, pretty much same information.

Hope this help,

Good Luck!

1. Nope, the chances you'll be okay. Just file the AOS (Adjustment of Status) package.

2. Forward the last 3 years income tax returned, for the year he didn't make enough, explain in a cover letter why he cannot meet the poverty line in that year. Explain carefully. If you think the income tax before that can support like 4 years....give it all the 4 years....so it will show that he got problem only in a year.

3. Medical exam only take about a week to be ready. So when you think you want to submit your forms, you can do it right then.

4. For AOS, it depends, there are two OPTIONAL forms, they are I-765 (EAD - for work) and I-131 (Advance Parole). If you fill in the completed package, including the medical exam, the cost less than $1000.00. I did everything except I-131 (AP) and it cost me about $700.00.

For more details you can visit official BCIS website.

Good luck. I'm not a lawyer, pls act accordingly.

Technically, the medical can be submitted at a later date. BCIS officers, however, do not always follow their own regulations and will demand that the medical be filed with all the other documents. Thus, go ahead and get it done and file everything all at once.

Yes, the fees are approximately $700.

info@myronmorales.com