50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: US Embassy UK L-1 processing

Can anyone expalin to me why British Nationals are being treated like 3rd world citizens when it comes to the processing of their L-1 visas. The Embassy changed the rules, yet again,on Jan 6th requiring all applicants to take an interview if they are between the ages of 16 and 60. They must also fill out 3 forms DS 156 DS 157 and NIV28 the later form asks for the same information which is contained in the 156 and 157!!

I am a business broker and a lot of my clients are British but of Indian decsent. During 2002 a high proportion had their L-1's approved by the INS only to have the US Embassy in London turn down their application to have the visa put in their passports. The responses back from the Embassy were all the same " Your petition has been retuned to the INS for further review and posssible revokation". The Immigration attorney that I use contacted the INS and was told that no applications have been received back from the US Embassy in London, so why are the EMbasy lying?? Can someone please expalin to me what on earth is going on in the Embassy in London , considering the fact that British Citizens will shortly be risking their lives fighting alongside US soldiers if we go to war in Iraq. Why should they risk their lives if they are given a hard time by US Embassy if they want to come to the US even on a visit with a B1/B2 visa.

Look forward to some positive responses

Can anyone expalin to me why British Nationals are being treated like 3rd world citizens when it comes to the processing of their L-1 visas. The Embassy changed the rules, yet again,on Jan 6th requiring all applicants to take an interview if they are between the ages of 16 and 60. They must also fill out 3 forms DS 156 DS 157 and NIV28 the later form asks for the same information which is contained in the 156 and 157!!

I am a business broker and a lot of my clients are British but of Indian decsent. During 2002 a high proportion had their L-1's approved by the INS only to have the US Embassy in London turn down their application to have the visa put in their passports. The responses back from the Embassy were all the same " Your petition has been retuned to the INS for further review and posssible revokation". The Immigration attorney that I use contacted the INS and was told that no applications have been received back from the US Embassy in London, so why are the EMbasy lying?? Can someone please expalin to me what on earth is going on in the Embassy in London , considering the fact that British Citizens will shortly be risking their lives fighting alongside US soldiers if we go to war in Iraq. Why should they risk their lives if they are given a hard time by US Embassy if they want to come to the US even on a visit with a B1/B2 visa.

Look forward to some positive responses

The chances that you are receiving a form letter that has nothing to do with the actual merits of your application are very high. Consulates move very slow, and don't be surprised if the INS never receives the cable from the Consulate.

You may need to check your application again. It must be raising a red flag somewhere that is putting these applications in this category. Sometimes the best thing to do is to just apply again.

If you need more information or assistance, please feel free to contact me at info@myronmorales.com.