publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751 NOA (Extensions) - Anyone getting them via mail?

I was wondering how many folks out there have had there first Notice of Action (1yr Extension) expire while waiting for their I-751 to be processed?

I have noticed that some people seem to be getting a new one automatically in the mail while others are going to their district office to get their I-551 stamped for 6 more months...

I am interested as mine is expiring and I would rather avoid the Newark office if I can... Any experiences would be helpful...

Thanks!

ARQU

I was wondering how many folks out there have had there first Notice of Action (1yr Extension) expire while waiting for their I-751 to be processed?

I have noticed that some people seem to be getting a new one automatically in the mail while others are going to their district office to get their I-551 stamped for 6 more months...

I am interested as mine is expiring and I would rather avoid the Newark office if I can... Any experiences would be helpful...

Thanks!

ARQU

ARQU:

Why would you like to avoid Newark? Because of the hassle of going there or because you are afraid they might ask you what the status of your marriage is? They should not ask you that question. If they call you for an interview YOU SHOULD SHOW UP, with A NEW I-751 under a WAIVER PROVISION and copy of your ANNULMENT, it WILL BE ADJUDICATED ON THE SPOT and you MIGHT GET APPROVED! if you withdraw your pending I-751 because you are called for an interview then, you don't have any chances at all! they will terminate your status as soon as the request for withdrawal is made and you will be put into removal proceedings.
    If you give your mail I can give some information to be able to qualify for another waiver provision to increase your chances of approval, but you must act immediately!

Well...

The reason I ask the question is that I would rather not have to go stand in line for hours (and hours) to get the stamp and run the risk of being asked awkward questions... So if I hear that people are getting there second extension in the mail - I will just wait for it. Otherwise, I need to go stand outside starting at 5:00 in the morning just to get into that place...

My e-mail is arquest@hotmail.com and of course I will be glad to hear any info that you have on a waiver; however, I seriously doubt that I am eligible for any of them. According to what I have been able to discover so far, the INS will NEVER approve an I-751 when an annulment is involved (divorce yes - annulment no). What I have found shows that they will refuse to hear any aspect on the case if another court has indicated that the marriage never existed - they won't even hear the merits of the situation...

At the moment, it looks like my best bet might be to head to one of our overseas offices for a year then return under a labor visa for international executives... But I have a lot a research to do there as well...

Of course, I would rather not have to do such a thing - I doubt my son would appreciate Japan or Brazil too much... Its too bad we sold the company in Canada a couple of years ago - it would have been nice to return home for a year then come back...

ARQU

Oh yes - the reason I might withdraw it is that an application denied is harder to get 'overlooked' in the future than an application withdrawn.

For example - If I decide to get married again, it would be harder to get that one approved if they already denied one. However, if I withdraw - then it shows that I am playing by the rules...

ARQU