ILW.COM - the immigration portal Immigration Daily

Home Page


Immigration Daily

Archives

Processing times

Immigration forms

Discussion board

Resources

Blogs

Twitter feed

Immigrant Nation

Attorney2Attorney

CLE Workshops

Immigration books

Advertise on ILW

VIP Network

EB-5

移民日报

About ILW.COM

Connect to us

Make us Homepage

Questions/Comments


SUBSCRIBE

Immigration Daily


Chinese Immig. Daily




The leading
immigration law
publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: H1B QUestion-Reposting,PLEASE HELP

  1. #1
    Guest
    Hello,
    I had a H1B Visa with Company A. I was laid off but luckily I got an offer from Company B and they applied for the H1B transfer. The date on the INS receipt is 3 days after I got laid off.

    Although I got the receipt I needed some time off before joining. Conseqwuently I joined Company B after a period of 45 days after I was laid off.

    I am waiting to hear from the INS regarding the application but I am working and have collected pay for 1 month. Now I want to move to another company C, because its a better offer.

    Their lawyers say that I may have problems because I was not working for a period of 45 days. Mind you I had filed my H1B petition, but just didnt start working.

    Do you think this will be a problem? I need to make a decision about joining Company C.If its risky I will continue with Company B.
    Please advice...
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Guest
    Hello,
    I had a H1B Visa with Company A. I was laid off but luckily I got an offer from Company B and they applied for the H1B transfer. The date on the INS receipt is 3 days after I got laid off.

    Although I got the receipt I needed some time off before joining. Conseqwuently I joined Company B after a period of 45 days after I was laid off.

    I am waiting to hear from the INS regarding the application but I am working and have collected pay for 1 month. Now I want to move to another company C, because its a better offer.

    Their lawyers say that I may have problems because I was not working for a period of 45 days. Mind you I had filed my H1B petition, but just didnt start working.

    Do you think this will be a problem? I need to make a decision about joining Company C.If its risky I will continue with Company B.
    Please advice...
    Thanks

  3. #3
    Guest
    You should continue , you should not be working for another company unless H1B is processed. you should have pay stub from the company B that you work there for 45 days after your H1B aproval or you should have letter from the company that they are downsizing and they let you go and find another employer.

Similar Threads

  1. Question about H1B
    By Keech in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-28-2007, 10:17 PM
  2. H1B and LC Question
    By kartik in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-08-2004, 06:35 AM
  3. H1B Question
    By pn in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 12:09 PM
  4. h1b question!
    By chino in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 11-07-2003, 02:53 PM
  5. H1B question
    By in forum Immigration Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2003, 11:18 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Put Free Immigration Law Headlines On Your Website

Immigration Daily: the news source for legal professionals. Free! Join 35000+ readers Enter your email address here: