publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-2014
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Who signs the immigration form: a child or a parent?

Hi,

My friend went to the USCIS approved doctor to have her medical exam done (I-639). She went with her son who is 14 years old. The doctor did not know if the mother should sign I-639 on behalf of the kid or a kid should sign by himself. The doctor states that a parent should sign the documents on behalf of the child if the child is under 18, but the lawyer is pretty sure that the child can sign I-639 because he is over 14 and if the USCIS can fingerprint the 14 year olds so they can sign the immigration forms too.

Do you know who is right?

Thanks a lot.

Hi,

My friend went to the USCIS approved doctor to have her medical exam done (I-639). She went with her son who is 14 years old. The doctor did not know if the mother should sign I-639 on behalf of the kid or a kid should sign by himself. The doctor states that a parent should sign the documents on behalf of the child if the child is under 18, but the lawyer is pretty sure that the child can sign I-639 because he is over 14 and if the USCIS can fingerprint the 14 year olds so they can sign the immigration forms too.

Thanks a lot.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Only a person over the age of 18 can sign and be bound to a contract. Looking at the punitive side of immigration. The fines, imprisonments, etc require the accused be over 18. There are certain aspects that apply to those over 14. if the form isn't clear there is one other option. Both of you sign it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Is Not This Amazing??? That the Only Way is To Think ahead Outside The Box. And Both Are Better protected To Sign, Just To Ensure and Eliminate The possibility Of The loopholes possible!!! This Is Correct Thinking!!! A Plus!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by mwj:
    Hi,

Thanks a lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Child will sign. Under USCIS, children under 14 will have the parent or guardian sign. Children 14 or over must sign. Per the instructions of I-693
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

In this case a parent or legal guardian signs. Taking of the fingerprints and signature for GC is a biometic collection, while signing the forms is a legal action and must be taken by an adult who is parent or legal guardian or an emancipated minor.