50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: please help

I was reading here on this website under the subtitle adopted child and stepchild and i saw that it said that in the interview they could ask for your natural parent to be there with you at the interview how true is that and does it happen all the time? the reason i ask is because my mom has no legal status and is currently living in the US and is married to a US citizen who is also currently in the US Army Im currently waiting for my visa number from the NVC under a I130 unmarried child under 21 im currently in Mexico

I was reading here on this website under the subtitle adopted child and stepchild and i saw that it said that in the interview they could ask for your natural parent to be there with you at the interview how true is that and does it happen all the time? the reason i ask is because my mom has no legal status and is currently living in the US and is married to a US citizen who is also currently in the US Army Im currently waiting for my visa number from the NVC under a I130 unmarried child under 21 im currently in Mexico

hi impraying,

who petitioned for you?

How old are you?

I don't see why your mother would have to attend the interview with you: you are old enough, and she did not petition for you

Now, you say your mother has no legal status in the USA. But she is married to USC, right? Has nothing been filed for her or she is waiting for the papers?

How old were you when they got married?

Alright its just that the thing i read said something that by my understanding said that my natural parent might have to be there with me at the interview so that they could see if the marriage was not just for my benefit.

And yes my mom is married to a USC who is also a Srgt in the US Army. The reason nothing has been filed is because my mom has an immigration record an issue back in 2001.

I was 17 when they got married and currently i am 18 and well turn 19 in september.

Alright but i have a few things that are against me i believe in 2002 my family came to mexico and then entered again in 2003 without permission I am afriad this could really hurt my chance of getting my visa??