50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Medical Exam follow up

To those who read/posted re. previous "Medical Exam" Topic last week, and finding the cost of it all.
    I just stopped by the D.O.C.S office where I have to go for my exam (INS assigned office) lucky break, it's only up the street! Anywaylast week when I phoned they said $153 basic, $94 X-ray and then whatever shots you need are extra. Today I was told $228 basic inc. "blood drawing" and testing of some things STD's, HIV. BUT it is NOT tested for MMR antibodies unless you specifically request it to be done, that testing costs extra and it is in fact cheaper just to have the shots. X-ray is still $94 though. I'm going to have the shots, I don't have a problem with that. I will probably go next week for Exam, I'll let you know. I am in the NYC suburbs, so the prices probably vary around the country.

To those who read/posted re. previous "Medical Exam" Topic last week, and finding the cost of it all.
    I just stopped by the D.O.C.S office where I have to go for my exam (INS assigned office) lucky break, it's only up the street! Anywaylast week when I phoned they said $153 basic, $94 X-ray and then whatever shots you need are extra. Today I was told $228 basic inc. "blood drawing" and testing of some things STD's, HIV. BUT it is NOT tested for MMR antibodies unless you specifically request it to be done, that testing costs extra and it is in fact cheaper just to have the shots. X-ray is still $94 though. I'm going to have the shots, I don't have a problem with that. I will probably go next week for Exam, I'll let you know. I am in the NYC suburbs, so the prices probably vary around the country.

That's very expensive! Is he the only med. surgeon in your area? Well, maybe that's how the price range in NY. But for your X-ray, I think you can ask your family doctor to prescribe one for you for employment purposes. As soon as you get the result ask them to fax it to your INS doctor so you can save $94.00.

as luck/or not would have it. When I phoned INS for Doc in my area, imagine my surprise when it turns out to be a Dr. I've been to several times before at D.O.C.S office. up the road. I don't know if it's expensive, we've saved $1,000 to cover INS expenses. I do understand many people can't do that, so I'm just going to go to this guy because I know him already and he knows my recent med. history. Of course people should "shop around" for the best deal.

I think it depends where you live. I live in midwest but even so I shoped around and got a very cheap price.I only paid my doctor $90.00 this was recommended to me by my lawyer.

I guess I was just thinking of the convenience, 5 mins walk to the Dr and get over with. But we do live in an "affluent" area (though we are far from affluent) and the price is no doubt more expensive eventhough D.O.C.S. is a clinic type place - walk in. I'll do a bit of shopping around next week. We aren't using a lawyer so I don't have that expense, through many questions here,we've got it done ourselves.

If you have a cleancut case you don't have to hire a lawyer.If you have questions just post it here and someone will help.

Oh it's a clean cut case (marriage) and I have managed to fill in most of the forms with the help from everyone here. Been following Joe Schmo very carefully and going with him as we had similar questions! The forms all seem to be correct (I hope), it just seemed soooooo confusing when I started. Looking back it really was quite simple. I think people just get panicky as we know what sticklers the iNS are. But I may still be back with more questions yet!!

The $1,000 is for filing fees, medical, pics etc, that's just what we set aside.