publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: I-751, can you file N400 at same time? Atlanta said no???

Hi everyone. I am copying a part of a post I just posted on her on a different subject as well.

I Just got back from Atlanta INS today and am so frustrated. After standing in Line for hours, rude INS people who won't answer your question after you wait hours and hours in line just to get the chance to talk to someone we still don't have answers

We keep getting different and conflicting info from INS.

Husband filed I-751 in 2000 to TSC, still no interview 2 years later. Every year we have to go up and have passport stamped for another year, while we wait and wait and wait to hear from them for an interview.

I have heard from others via Immigrations boards like this that 2 years is a long time. But the INS lady said we are considered "new" 2000 file people are new compared to 1998 people they are still processing. Argh. She couldn't pull our file because get this, they are moving the I-751 files from one room to another and to come back in a few weeks. Like we just live down the block or something. Do they realize we have to drive all that way, take off work, kennel dogs, stand hours in line just to talk to them???

ALso, I have been told you can file for citizenship N400 while your I-751 is still pending. But the lady in Altanta said we coudn't even file until I-751 was approved and that could be years. I too asked if she was sure, and she was rude back.

But the 800 INS cust service line person said you could file both, and even read to me their little description from her computer and it said if I-751 is pending, you can file N400.

Anyone know?

Thanks!

Hi everyone. I am copying a part of a post I just posted on her on a different subject as well.

I Just got back from Atlanta INS today and am so frustrated. After standing in Line for hours, rude INS people who won't answer your question after you wait hours and hours in line just to get the chance to talk to someone we still don't have answers

We keep getting different and conflicting info from INS.

Husband filed I-751 in 2000 to TSC, still no interview 2 years later. Every year we have to go up and have passport stamped for another year, while we wait and wait and wait to hear from them for an interview.

I have heard from others via Immigrations boards like this that 2 years is a long time. But the INS lady said we are considered "new" 2000 file people are new compared to 1998 people they are still processing. Argh. She couldn't pull our file because get this, they are moving the I-751 files from one room to another and to come back in a few weeks. Like we just live down the block or something. Do they realize we have to drive all that way, take off work, kennel dogs, stand hours in line just to talk to them???

ALso, I have been told you can file for citizenship N400 while your I-751 is still pending. But the lady in Altanta said we coudn't even file until I-751 was approved and that could be years. I too asked if she was sure, and she was rude back.

But the 800 INS cust service line person said you could file both, and even read to me their little description from her computer and it said if I-751 is pending, you can file N400.

Anyone know?

Thanks!