Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: London Embassy / Visa Issuance

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone knows what to "expect" at the London Embassy. My fiance will be going for her interview shortly, and we'd like to save a little money and get her plane ticket as soon as the interview date is set, and have her flight set to leave the following weekend.

Would this be "wise"? Will she get her visa that same day, or do they mail the visa?

Hello,

I'm wondering if anyone knows what to "expect" at the London Embassy. My fiance will be going for her interview shortly, and we'd like to save a little money and get her plane ticket as soon as the interview date is set, and have her flight set to leave the following weekend.

Would this be "wise"? Will she get her visa that same day, or do they mail the visa?

Thats a dumb thing to do. Like any other visa interview, NEVER buy a ticket before you actually get the visa. You risk losing money from the ticket bought, if your visa request is refused.

Yeah, we realize that we could lose the money, but the cost of a ticket from London to Denver is enormous if it's purchased in the same week of the flight.

Our thought process is this: If we buy the ticket beforehand, then it will cost about $1000. If we wait and buy it after the interview, then it will be $2000. Either way, we lose $1000 over it. "If" it's denied, then we'll have a LONG wait as is, and can make that money up.

What is so urgent about leaving your country. Is it just the excitement or there is a genuine reason. I would take a few more days after I get the visa to get the ticket and arrange things. A visa request to Western countries is rarely guaranteed. It has been stated that 92% of all visa applications on average are denied.

Oh please, 92% of visas are denied? Please post a CREDBILE source for this "statistic."

The fascination is that we've been apart for nearly a year. The other thing is, "why" wait, if ya don't have to.

I find your claim of 92% to be false. Maybe 92% of cases coming out of Pakistan are denied, but I highly doubt those numbers could be placed on countries such as England.

Hi...i wouldnt buy a ticket yet. My husband went for his original interview at the end of April, due to some changes he has had to go back 2 more times and now they are saying it will be another couple of months before the decision is made. He too is eager to come back to the US...but we have no choice but to be patient.

Guest "Hellow" is right,
    They denied student visa to my daughter, who has a valid F-1 status in usa for 4 years, moreover, she had a current I-120 with complete paper formalities with her. They gave a very stupid reason for denial. Therefore, in my case the denial percentage has been 100%.
    I advise every body, to aviod if possible the london consulte. They have no shortage of lam excuses to deny the visa asked for.

So, basically the torture is a long, drawn out one. Kind of like being doused in honey, and staked to an ant hill? Lovely.

Well, I'll leave it up to my fiance on what she wants to do.