free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Lulac/Confiscated passport/Special registration

Dear fellows:
    I traveled abroad in 1998 on advanced parole on my LULAC(Late Amnesty case card).On my way back at the US airport, they told me that the whole case has been denied in the Supreme Court and thats why I had to be deported.I argued with them and finally they let me go withholding my passport and the work permit and gave me an inspection date to appear in front of an officer who would decide what to do with me.
    I was living legally in this country and left USA with INS's permission.
    In short, I didnt appear in front of that officer cuz if there was a 1% chance of deportation, I couldnt handle that.
    I married to my long time engaged USC girlfriend and filed for I 130 which was approved this year.
    If I go for Special registration, what are the chances .What should I do to prepare myself for the unclear situation.Can I get my passport back?
    Any positive input will be greatly appreciated.
    Regards.
    P.S Do you think I should file I 485 ASAP before going for Sp. Registration?

Dear fellows:
    I traveled abroad in 1998 on advanced parole on my LULAC(Late Amnesty case card).On my way back at the US airport, they told me that the whole case has been denied in the Supreme Court and thats why I had to be deported.I argued with them and finally they let me go withholding my passport and the work permit and gave me an inspection date to appear in front of an officer who would decide what to do with me.
    I was living legally in this country and left USA with INS's permission.
    In short, I didnt appear in front of that officer cuz if there was a 1% chance of deportation, I couldnt handle that.
    I married to my long time engaged USC girlfriend and filed for I 130 which was approved this year.
    If I go for Special registration, what are the chances .What should I do to prepare myself for the unclear situation.Can I get my passport back?
    Any positive input will be greatly appreciated.
    Regards.
    P.S Do you think I should file I 485 ASAP before going for Sp. Registration?

Mr. Poor Dude:
    It would be better to consult some good Immigration Attorney and let him handle your case from very beginning. The INS might have passed deportation orders against you. In that situation the Attorney will have to reopen your case and then file your petition.