publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Lost Green Card, dont know A#, how can I get new one?

I have lived here for over 20 years.
    I am about to apply for Citizenship but I lot my Green Card and I dont know my A#...

I know I need to file FORM I-90 "Replacement of alien registration card" but they ask for my A#.

I have lived here for over 20 years.
    I am about to apply for Citizenship but I lot my Green Card and I dont know my A#...

I know I need to file FORM I-90 "Replacement of alien registration card" but they ask for my A#.

I just read the instructions about filling the I-90 and they say that you need to file at the local office....well last time I tried to file up there they told me that I need to send my application by mail....

Does any of you know how long it takes to get a new Green Card when you loose it?

I think that once I get the RECEIPT from filling I-90 I can file N-400, I dont have to wait for Green Card to be here right?

HI! Mary Kay,
    You can go to your local INS Office and apply for a new green card. It may take one year to get your new green card.

MIKE

Geez....can I apply for citizenship right now...they need a copy of GC for that but heard that with receipt from I-90 I can start processing N-400 right now????

Why is it so long...I have been here for 20 years, what is there for INS to do that take a year...I guess backlog huh?

MaryKay:

I do not know which State you are, however, in NY following steps to be followed to file I-90:

1. Complete I-90 and mail it to local office with a letter for appointment.

2. INS local office will send you appointment.
    3. Go to INS on the date of appointment with the follows:
    1. Vaid Passport
    2. Copy of green card or proof to establih that you are Parmanent Resident (such as old passport with I-551 stamp).
    3. Three photographs.
    4. Notoraized copy of birth certificate (with translation if in other language)
    5. After INS accepts your I-90, they will stamp your passport for I-551 and you will get your green card between 10-12 months.

I have gone thru this exercise. I applied on April 18, 2002 and got my CG on March 16, 2003.

Hope above information will be helpful to you.

Note: INS is starting accepting I-90 online. Try that option. It may save some time. They will start online application by the end of this month.

Tanny, I hope the guy is gone! I hated that "...as per law" line!
    MaryKay, is your number not written down somewhere? At work in your personnel file? It has to be somewhere. Just read the thread and wanted to wish you luck. I hope no one stole and is using your card. Make sure you get this taken care of ASAP to protect yourself in case the card was stolen or found and someone commits a crime using your identity. Good luck.

Ok thank you to both of you, I appreciate it.

MaryKay :-)

Was it for a replacement of lost GC too?

My original card came with in correct spellings of my first name. Therefore, I had to file I-90 for replacement. No fee charged.