free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: advance parole

Can somebody apply for AP who had been out of status for more than 180 days and filed AOS with 245i(through employment)? Is there any way to get back into the US without problems?
    Thanks for the help.

Can somebody apply for AP who had been out of status for more than 180 days and filed AOS with 245i(through employment)? Is there any way to get back into the US without problems?
    Thanks for the help.

One can always apply for Advanced Parole and would likely get it. But, the question is whether, it's prudent to leave the U.S. when one has been illegally present for over 180 days. And the answer is NO, it's not a good idea at all. Even if you had AP, when you try to reenter the U.S., 3-yr bar to reentry will kick in and the risk is grave that you could get stuck outside.

Regardless the 245i I couldn't get in?
    Can you tell me what the difference is between LIFE Act and 245i? I think the applicants with LIFE can travel with AP, can't they?
    Thanks for your time.

But hopefully somebody can help...

Jesse is correct...

CSS LULAC cases can travel on AP. .
    OVer stay means you entered legally and who entered legally 245i is not applied to you.

If CSS/Lulac applican enter without inspection and overstayed, will that person able to travel if that person now holds EAD through Life?
    Thanks.

but there's some things I don't quite understand. First, 245(i) does apply to me and I had to pay the $1000 penalty to INS upon filing for I-485.( I think the rquirement was that one had to be present in US on 12.21.2000, and to have a pending case with DOL/EAD or INS until 04.31.2001.) With 245(i) I don't have to leave the country to adjust to PR, and I'm "forgiven" having been out of status for more than 180 days. Correct me please if you know otherwise.
    I don't know exactly what CSS LULAC means and the LIFE ACT seems a little complicated too. I thought that 245(i) was part of LIFE, wasn't it?
    I know that those with LIFE processing can travel on AP. And the ones with 245(i)?

You should read whole 245.
    clause I is for illigal aliens( i should say aliens who entered without inspected. Aliens who entered with inspection and overstayed also called illigal aliens but they entered with visa so 245i is not for them.)

http://www.immigration.gov/lpBin/lpe...lb-8cfrsec2451