publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: No Affidavit........No hope ??????

I am supposed to getting married to my fiance in America this summer, but she is below the poverty line and no one will help her out as a co - sponsor/obligator. Is there any other way around this ? Or do we just have to give up on each other because of (what I think is) a stupid immigration law ?

I am supposed to getting married to my fiance in America this summer, but she is below the poverty line and no one will help her out as a co - sponsor/obligator. Is there any other way around this ? Or do we just have to give up on each other because of (what I think is) a stupid immigration law ?

It may seem stupid, but the purpose is so that people won't come here, not pay taxes and live off the system. However, there may be remedy, what about your income? If you have been working for the last few years, and you can prove your salary, and then show that you plan to find a job in the US, you should be able to sponsor yourself/cosponsor (not sure which phrase is correct). A friend of mine did it. He showed his income and that combined with his wife's put them over the poverty line. What do you think? Read the paper work carefully for the sponsor app, I am pretty sure that you can do this.

To Steven:
    May be by the time you will submit your papers to the Immigration, you wife will get a good job. You do not need to worry right now. You can also have a job offer from some coompany duly Notarized will help you at the time of AOS. Just trust in God, everything will come through good for you.
    Good luck.

Well Meme, I havn't held a steady job for the past few years....Most of what I do is freelance, and inbetween that work I have taken other jobs, for no more than two months at a time. Also having spendt 90 days in America three times this last year hasn't left me with much to show for an income.

Umesh, could you eloborate on the notarised empliyment thing you mentioned please ? I was offered a job when I was over there, but when it came time to file the papers, my so called future employer backed out, right after reading the small print. He didn't want the IRS snooping around in his business.

Thanks Guys.

To Steven:
    Job offer is a 'To whom it may concern' letter which indicates that the company has an open offer for the person to work as......, his salary will be ......per hour. This office is valid till .............,2003, subject to his getting legal status or authorization to work. etc.
    Good luck.