free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Visa Help!

Hi...I've recently been approved my F-1 Status here in the US. Now I want to go home (India) for a holiday in December. However I understand that I have to get my passport stamped at the Embassy in order to return to the US. I was wondering....can I get my passport stamped either in Mexico or Canada? If so, how do I go about it?
    Has anyone been in the same boat?? Or gone thru the same process?!?!?! HELP!!

Thanks!

Hi...I've recently been approved my F-1 Status here in the US. Now I want to go home (India) for a holiday in December. However I understand that I have to get my passport stamped at the Embassy in order to return to the US. I was wondering....can I get my passport stamped either in Mexico or Canada? If so, how do I go about it?
    Has anyone been in the same boat?? Or gone thru the same process?!?!?! HELP!!

Thanks!

These days you can get Visa stamp in Mexico or Canada, you will have to get it stamped in your country.
    Good luck.

I'm sorry Umesh.....I didnt get you....did you say I can or I can't get my visa stamped in Mexico?? Thanks a bunch!

It is their policy, so you can not get Visa stamp in Mexico. It has to be in your home country.
    Good luck.

Hi Umesh....Thx for your speedy replies!
    I was told by a friend....she was at the Chat room at ILW with the lawyer and he said that you can get it stamped in Mexico/Canada with an appointment. Do you know anythign about that?
    Really appreciate all your replies!
    Thanks

I know that but there is a risk. If you went there and after interview they did not stamp your passport then you will have to go back to your country and get it stamped there. The U.S. Immigration will not allow you to enter the United States back if Visa stamp is refused, which is a routine these days.
    Good luck.

Thanks Umesh....
    One last Q here...Do you know how I can get in touch with the embassy in MExico? I mean how does one contact them to make appointments? Any web-site? Phone??
    Thanks again.

http://travel.state.gov/links.html has links to all U.S. Embassys with web-sites. If you go anywhere other than India, set it up so that you stop there on your way back to India. That way, if you get refused, it won't mess up your travel plans.

Thank you so much Patti...for the website and info!!