publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Sammy/Umesh/Anyone Knowleadgeable Please Answer!

I am a recent graduate of a college down in the conservative state of Texas (Hispanic origin) I am currently in F-1 visa status and I already have an I-130 petition filed on my behalf by my PR father. It will take a couple of years before that petition gets matured into a green card aplication. Do you think it's a good idea to apply for a Master's Degree aat this point in time, thus remain in F-1 status? I am a damn bright kid and I am currently a master's candidate at Harvard University.

I am a recent graduate of a college down in the conservative state of Texas (Hispanic origin) I am currently in F-1 visa status and I already have an I-130 petition filed on my behalf by my PR father. It will take a couple of years before that petition gets matured into a green card aplication. Do you think it's a good idea to apply for a Master's Degree aat this point in time, thus remain in F-1 status? I am a damn bright kid and I am currently a master's candidate at Harvard University.

Why not?

Just because you may have been admitted for some lame program (even if it's called Master's) in a reputable unversity (Harvard, New York University, Yale, UCLA, University of Chicago etc.) it does not mean that Immigration will get lied to and grant you F-1 visa status. Your I-130 filed on your behalf means that you have immigrant intentions by now and that is in contradiction with the terms an F-1 student is to be bound by. So, better go back to Mexico for a while in case you cannot swallow down staying illegally here (and then eventually apply for the GC from within the U"S in case you've been grandfathered via the petition your daddy has filed on your behalf)

NXLEEX, you are a very slick person..

what need NXEEX has to buck up?

I suppose it is meant for him to bite the bullet and go back to his home country...which is stupid, I think...there are a lot of well-paid housekeeping/laundry/dishwashing jobs...

He can stay and apply for Master's and study. And, he can still be in his F-1 status, while waiting for the petitions to be approved.

Will the Immi grant the guy F-1 when having an I-130 already filed on his behalf? I really doubt that...but Harvard could work, who knows...

For such a bright person immigration issues don't really matter...they're secondary...