50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Re:I-751 processing times

As you may know only two centers( California and Vermont) accept I-751 applications. Anybody knows why I-751 is not listed under California processing time chart when you go to USCIS website and search for processing times based on different service centers?

As you may know only two centers( California and Vermont) accept I-751 applications. Anybody knows why I-751 is not listed under California processing time chart when you go to USCIS website and search for processing times based on different service centers?

Hello Mehra and welcome to the forum,
    I got the same concern about California Service Center.I mean I was following the processing time on USCIS.gov and suddenly I saw I 751 wasnt listed in California Service Center Section.I was really Surprised.
    I called customer service and talked to the secondary customer service officer.She told me if u submitted in CA service center it is there.It takes Approx 6-9 months according to her.
    On the top of tht u cant check ur status on line by using ur receipt number for I 751 application.Is it the same case with u?When did u file ur I 751?was it joint or not?
    griffins

Hi,
    I am about to file mine and I was just wondering how long does it take. A friend of mine filed her application couple months back and it only took 2-3 months but things may change.If you look at the USCIS web site you will find I-751 processing time under Texas service center instead which doesn't make any sense to me. So I personally think that it could be easily a publishing error or less likely they changed processing center to Texas service center and haven't announced it yet.Anyway i think it is better to wait for next California update and see if I-751 is listed there or not.By the way when did you file urs Griffin?

Hi Mehra,
    I filed my I 751 on February 17th 2009.They received it on 19th February 2009.I received NOA 797 on February 24th.I had to leave to Europe so I went to the field center and requested Walk in Biometrics.They were taken on February 26th.Since that time I didnt hear anything from USCIS.i kept calling them to get up date Information on my case and they are saying its Pending still.They advised me to wait atleast 6 months.
    For the first time I travelled back to US with expired green card with only I 551 stamp and NOA 797.i was lil nervous that Immigration officials in Warsaw and London might make a problem on Expired green card.But surprisingly those guys knew about NOA 797 and I 551 Stamp.I just said WOW.
    Tell me about ur case Mehra?
    griffins