free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: i-130 & I-485

My husband and I filed the I-130 and I-485 together. Are they approved at the same time usually? Is it uncommon to approve the I-130 and not the I-485?? Any responses would be appreciated.

My husband and I filed the I-130 and I-485 together. Are they approved at the same time usually? Is it uncommon to approve the I-130 and not the I-485?? Any responses would be appreciated.

Take a look at www.immigration.gov

I am under the impression that they are two separate things and therefore there is no guarantee, or correspondence between the two. Even if you have broken a law (example, overstay) they should approved the I-130. The I-485 will not be approved without a waiver in that case.

I wouldn't expect the times to correspond either, although it is always possible.

As long as everything is straight with your record, you should have any problems that require more than patience. Good luck!

Take a look at www.immigration.gov

where is the best place to look for information regarding timelines, etc on www.immigration.gov?

hOPEFUL,

yES IT COULD BE THAT THE FORM i-130 IS APPROVED BUT NOT I-145.

If you entered yr marriage in good faith then yr form I-130 will certainly be approved...
    but if you comitted some infraction to the immigration law then you might need a waiver to get your AOS adjusted...
    good luck

You can file I-130 and I485 concurrently but I-485 can only be processed after the I-130 approved.
    you can't expect the both approved in the same time.

Okay so our I-130 was approved today. My husband worked illegally for about 6 months after receiving his work permit. He didn't have his license and during this 6 months time we were working on getting his license and a car and also trying to find a job. I have proof his permit, the purchase of a car for him, and also a CA insurance certificate which is the job he was about to start working, using his work permit. Do you think our I-485 has a chance of being approved? Oh we did also file the waiver...

if the waiver was necessary, than the most likely case scenario is that your I-485 will be denied, pending receipt of waiver approval.