free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: F4 Family Based Petition Processing Times

My sister has an approved petition for us her sisters/brother. Priority date is July 1990. Is this petition still active.I believe April 1990 is the current processing times. How much more waiting should we expect then? Your prompt repl is highly appreicated.

My sister has an approved petition for us her sisters/brother. Priority date is July 1990. Is this petition still active.I believe April 1990 is the current processing times. How much more waiting should we expect then? Your prompt repl is highly appreicated.

You are priority date is current (as long as you are not from the Philippines or Mexico). If you are in the U.S., you can apply for Adjustment of Status as long as you are in status or if you qualify for 245(i).

Thanks Mrs. Mani for your quick reply. But I am from the Philippines and I checked one of the immigration attorney here in the philippines that my petition is now current. How long should we wait for it?

Dear Mr. Mani,
    I got below updates from one of the immigration lawyers here in the Philippines. How true is this?
    REgards,

The August 2010 priority dates for the Philippines are as follows:

Fourth Preference Brothers and sisters of U.S. Citizens. April 1, 1990
    (In July 2010, the priority date was April 1, 1989.

You can confirm it on your own here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/b...n/bulletin_1360.html. To be current, the July 1990 priority date of your approved petition should coincide with what the visa bulletin says. There's still a three-month difference between the two dates as of August 2010 bulletin. But if things would advance as they did, you'll be current by next month. Your sister should have been receiving communications from the NVC as early as now. You don't have to do anything yet, it's the US Embassy in Manila that would contact you soon. Are you in constant contact with your USC sister?

You are almost there Blinda, Congrats in advance and welcome to your 2nd HOME ' The United States of A.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
    You can confirm it on your own here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/b...n/bulletin_1360.html. To be current, the July 1990 priority date of your approved petition should coincide with what the visa bulletin says. There's still a three-month difference between the two dates as of August 2010 bulletin. But if things would advance as they did, you'll be current by next month. Your sister should have been receiving communications from the NVC as early as now. You don't have to do anything yet, it's the US Embassy in Manila that would contact you soon. Are you in constant contact with your USC sister? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by abercrombie_toronto:
    You are almost there Blinda, Congrats in advance and welcome to your 2nd HOME ' The United States of A.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Rough Neighbor:
    You can confirm it on your own here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/b...n/bulletin_1360.html. To be current, the July 1990 priority date of your approved petition should coincide with what the visa bulletin says. There's still a three-month difference between the two dates as of August 2010 bulletin. But if things would advance as they did, you'll be current by next month. Your sister should have been receiving communications from the NVC as early as now. You don't have to do anything yet, it's the US Embassy in Manila that would contact you soon. Are you in constant contact with your USC sister? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks! I hope this is too good to be true.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by belinda:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by abercrombie_toronto:

You can confirm it on your own here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/b...n/bulletin_1360.html. To be current, the July 1990 priority date of your approved petition should coincide with what the visa bulletin says. There's still a three-month difference between the two dates as of August 2010 bulletin. But if things would advance as they did, you'll be current by next month. Your sister should have been receiving communications from the NVC as early as now. You don't have to do anything yet, it's the US Embassy in Manila that would contact you soon. Are you in constant contact with your USC sister? </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Congratulations. I am glad the immigration process is going smoothly. Be sure to check the dates on the bulletin. Rough Neighbor provided a link to the appropriate location.
    Always interested in the H1-B visa, the Eb-5 Visa Program and other Eb5 Investor Visa related issues.