50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Marie and Anon

Hey I have a curiosity question for you...

My boss is due to have a baby in April and is looking into the options of childcare, to include nannies. I was curious of how, or if it would be possible, that she may be able assist someone (and immigrant) that may be in the St. Louis area. I realize that it would most likely mean filing a I-130 or work via, yes?

She hasn't broached me about, I was just curious. Any ideas or comments.

Hey I have a curiosity question for you...

My boss is due to have a baby in April and is looking into the options of childcare, to include nannies. I was curious of how, or if it would be possible, that she may be able assist someone (and immigrant) that may be in the St. Louis area. I realize that it would most likely mean filing a I-130 or work via, yes?

She hasn't broached me about, I was just curious. Any ideas or comments.

If the person who is going to be the nanny is an immigrant (legal permanent resident) then no paperwork is necessary (other than the employment agreement between the parties, but that does no involve INS).
    If the nanny-to-be is illegal, oops, there is little hope. She would be in the category of unskilled workers, and there are a very limited number of those immigrant visas available each year and the process to obtain one is tricky.
    If the nanny-to-be is not in the US, she will need a J-1 non immigrant visa administered thru the USIA and likely an agency that deals with au pairs. Do not consider this move with tourist visas.

Thank Anon...

She doesn't know anyone as of yet, and yes she would want for it to be completely legal. I will broach the subject with her.

If you are anyone else has any imput, please feel free.

Thanks

Another question just came to mind....

Not that I know of anyone, but should the possibility rear its head, could she file a visa (work) for someone who is here LEGALLY?

She could file an immigrant visa petition for this person, but that will not result in an instant green card. The Labor Certification process is tricky and the category of visa, unskilled worker, is very limited in number and there is a while to wait before visas can be issued. Bear in mind that there is an age limit for au pairs using the J1 non immigrant visa (18-26).

Thanks for the info Anon, I will pass it along to her, she can take it for what it is worth in her own time.

All my best.