50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: My Mother

I am a legal alien who is waiting for his Green Card through his employment. My father just passed away and I want to bring my mother to US to keep her here with me. She is not mentally doing that well after my father's death and leaving her with relatives is not something that as a son I want to entertain. I should get my Green Card within a couple of months.

I am a legal alien who is waiting for his Green Card through his employment. My father just passed away and I want to bring my mother to US to keep her here with me. She is not mentally doing that well after my father's death and leaving her with relatives is not something that as a son I want to entertain. I should get my Green Card within a couple of months.

If there is anyone out there that can suggest ways in which i can bring my mom here. I am in the same situation, back home there is nobody there for my mom, she is alone and i am in the process of green card. Is there anyway to bring her here. Even on a visa, she is retired. Anyway suggestions will be greatly appreciated
    Thanks

I wanted to do the same, but my lawyer said there's no way to do that unless I was a citizen. PRs can only petition unmarried children and spouses.

Since we're not in the same situation (my parents are healthy and not retired), I think you should see a lawyer, they might know of something, she might qualify for a waiver or something else given her situation. depending on the country, asylum maybe.

I'll do some research and get back to you

I am not 100% certain about this, but it is my understanding that once you obtain citizenship status, you can file an I-130 to bring her here. This is a topic I've only asked about on message boards for my wife's parents.
    Much luck to all of you!
    Kent