free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Income tax return

I need to file an income tax return. But the problem is that I'm married to my husband who is illegal immigrant who does not have a social security number. He is a student and does not work. Since I'm married, I need to enter his social security number on my income tax return as dependent. Can anyone direct me what I need to do? Do I need his information on my income tax return? or can I file without his number?

I need to file an income tax return. But the problem is that I'm married to my husband who is illegal immigrant who does not have a social security number. He is a student and does not work. Since I'm married, I need to enter his social security number on my income tax return as dependent. Can anyone direct me what I need to do? Do I need his information on my income tax return? or can I file without his number?

Yes we Do Know How To Slide and squiggle!!! Cannot share that info. talk to your Tax preparer. You Could not possibly Be south of the border. They Know How To Pay taxes here without SS#. It even Gives Them Power. Not Almighty. But it does Give Things i cannot specify.

The Hidden Rule to bypass Parts Of the sytem = file and Pay Taxes As If Legal USA citizen. Even Though Here Illegally! The sytem and Its Corruption see's The person Paid Taxes Here In Usa For 10 Years! WOW!!!! Ok, They Did their Part, "IRS" Thinking. Government Style also!
    We Should Give Them a break. They have been paying taxes In USA for 10 Years!!! Usa needs the Income! Welcome To USA!!! Not A Joke!!!
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Sorry, no can do. Being that he is illegal there is no claim of dependency status. If you file and list his name with no social the return will be rejected. You're basically stuck with filing single and paying the highest tax. And supporting him to boot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ahhhh! Davdah. They Do Get By!! Until All aspects Of The government come Together In a System Of information Sharing? paying taxes By Illegal immigrant Provides Compassion!!! Is Game!

only part of the trick. The immigrant receives SS# not Valid for work without INS, Bla Bla, authorization. They work anyway, File taxes under that SS#. The System flawed! They Do this For a long time, 10 years plus. They become Part of the System. Tax payers. only tax Payers In america are Legal???

My country! Usa Has The most Idiotic, Sure To fail System!!! I Am ashamed!!! it really does Work this way.
    USC and Legal, Honest Immigrant Alike Must Fight Against Those That Deceive and Disrupt A Place Of Desirability! All Are Victims of Fraud, Both USC and Honest Immigrant Alike! The bad can and does make it more difficult for the good! Be careful who y

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    The only way they can is by using someone elses number. But even that runs into trouble since it will still come back as belonging to someone else.

You gotta remember. They will take money in taxes paid from anyone. But when it comes time to give it back. They want to know who you are. They ain't so dumb after all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Experiences And Travels Say even Though a SS# is not valid for Work. If a person Files Taxes on that number for so many Years, They become part of the System! INCLUDED as Citizen tax payer! I Swear!!! The system Is F***d Severely With Paths unprotected!!! I Have seen This happen multiple times my area! Maybe not west Coast? It Does exist!!! And Those of Fraud are well aware!!!

The 6 month immigrant Comes To Usa. They Have specialized International Health insurance. requires Identification, Can request Through SS administration. Supposedly Limited, Separated, Special #. However SS Administration Is Faulty In design! The system Appears To not separate Legal From illegal. Very slow system, years and years go By. The immigrant Pays Taxes Into the Sytem for Lets say 10 years. The system See,s This person As Resident of USA. Anyway, You see What i am saying??? I swear Is True!!!

And NO!!! IRS Does not Care who You are!!! s Long as You Pay!!! If You File, You pay. They Assume Anyone That Files Is Legal!!!

MIR Speaks Only Experience, Eyes, Ears, and experience First Hand! Is Up To Those Of Intelligence to Figure Out What Went Wrong???

I Myself Live and Survive Through Impossible odds Daily! Seeking Other Viewpoints. After Many years Of seeing discrepancies I just go with the flow and Live!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mola:
    I need to file an income tax return. But the problem is that I'm married to my husband who is illegal immigrant who does not have a social security number. He is a student and does not work. Since I'm married, I need to enter his social security number on my income tax return as dependent. Can anyone direct me what I need to do? Do I need his information on my income tax return? or can I file without his number? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Because of your husband's status, he would not be eligible for a Social Security number. However, if you file jointly or separately, he would be eligible for an individual taxpayer identification number if you are either a u.S. citizen or a resident alien for tax purposes.

Also note, you cannot claim your husband as a dependent, you may claim his exemption on line 6b of the return if he has no income for the year and you are filing married filing separately. Furthermore, because you are married, you cannot file single nor Head of household if you lived with your spouse at all during the last six months.

You cannot e-file, but will need to mail the return in. Generally the ITIN is filed with an income tax return and is mailed to a specific address in Austin, The Form W-7 would need to be filed with the return to request the number. The form is available in Spanish as well.

If he obtains an ITIN, there may be some tax consequences on the tax return by denying of the earned income credit or the recovery rebate credit,

The precessing time would be 6-10 weeks for the ITIN and 6 weeks for the processing of the return. Please go to the IRS.gov web site and find publication 1915 and form W-7 or Form W-7(SP). You will mark box e, attach certified copies of certain documents to verify his identity, located in the publication or in the instructions.

Good luck.

Please note, there is a difference between being a resident alien for tax purposes and a resident alien for immigration purposes. He would be a resident alien for tax purposes if he meets the substantial presence test or files a joint return wit a U.S person, U.S. citizen or resident alien.

Hope this helps.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

The only way they can is by using someone elses number. But even that runs into trouble since it will still come back as belonging to someone else.

You gotta remember. They will take money in taxes paid from anyone. But when it comes time to give it back. They want to know who you are. They ain't so dumb after all. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Davdah, there is something called an individual taxpayer identification number that he can obtain and file the taxes properly.
    "Facts are stubborn things; and whatever may be our wishes, our inclinations, or the dictates of our passion, they cannot alter the state of facts and evidence." John Adams on Defense of the boston Massacre

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I need to file an income tax return. But the problem is that I'm married to my husband who is illegal immigrant who does not have a social security number. He is a student and does not work. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

what is the goal for him being a student if he is illegal? When he finishes school he will not be able to get a job because of his status. He is wasting his time and money.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mola:
    I need to file an income tax return. But the problem is that I'm married to my husband who is illegal immigrant who does not have a social security number. He is a student and does not work. Since I'm married, I need to enter his social security number on my income tax return as dependent. Can anyone direct me what I need to do? Do I need his information on my income tax return? or can I file without his number? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hello Mola, and welcome to the forum

Hudson has given you the correct information. You will need to have form w7 completed with supporting documents. You will prepare the income tax return as joint ,(make sure the ss# area is blank for husband before sending) and then send both the w7 and the income tax return together to :

Internal Revenue Service
    ITIN Operation
    P.O. Box 149342
    Austin, TX 78714-9342

Or

You can apply in person with your competed forms
    and documentation to any IRS Taxpayer Assistance Center in the Usa.

Just Curious.... Did your husband come into the country on a valid visa? If so, why have you not filed immigration paperwork on his behalf to get him to be legal? We can help you with this.

Also, if he originally came to the country legal for school, he would be issued a soc sec card that would read "ineligible for work without" blah blah".

Inquire, or enlighten us as to how he came into the country

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Hudson:

Davdah, there is something called an individual taxpayer identification number that he can obtain and file the taxes properly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

My response was based on the simple fact they aren't supposed to be here in the first place. That criminal behavior begets more criminal acts. Which is the norm. Most illegals are using bogus tax id numbers. Get real.

Even the shpill about the W-7. It does require submitting 'valid' documents to verify identity. Which most illegals do not have. Is the W-7 still valid? No. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Davdah,
    I understand your political position on "illegal immigration." However, as 4now as pointed out, it would depend on whether the person is EWI or has an espired visa. In either case, the tax code does permit this.

Second, one must remove political and personal opinion when delivering tax advice, if the one you have given. In most cases, it would provide a wrong answer as in your case when you said she should file single. Technically, that is a fraudulent answer under IRS code.

Finally, just because one is here illegal may or may not prevent them from filing the tax papers or obtaining proper identificaiton. Paying taxes is mutually exclusive of immigration status. And one may be required to file even though the alien may not even be present in the U.S. and have any immigration status whatsoever. This is the case of many expats and military personnel who live abroad and claim the spouse under married filing separately. This is the reason why I said there is a difference between a resident alien for tax purposes and a resident alien under immigration law. They are separate.