free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any help

I could use a few answers. My girlfriend is from Europe. She came her a few years ago on a tourist visa. We met while she was here visiting relatives. As you might have guessed she never left. We want to get married but were told we needed a lawyer which we really can't afford. Can her papers be done without a lawyer? We are barely scraping by with the jobs we have. Any help would be appreciated.

I could use a few answers. My girlfriend is from Europe. She came her a few years ago on a tourist visa. We met while she was here visiting relatives. As you might have guessed she never left. We want to get married but were told we needed a lawyer which we really can't afford. Can her papers be done without a lawyer? We are barely scraping by with the jobs we have. Any help would be appreciated.

She is from Poland. She has a passport and visa. The visa isn't any good now. She doesn't have a criminal record. Someone told us she could get into trouble for the job she has. She works at a local coffee house part time. A mutual friend helped with the job. I'm worried about the problems it might cause. It isn't a lot of money but we need it to keep going. Would that cause her to be rejected?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jim001:
    She is from Poland. She has a passport and visa. The visa isn't any good now. She doesn't have a criminal record. Someone told us she could get into trouble for the job she has. She works at a local coffee house part time. A mutual friend helped with the job. I'm worried about the problems it might cause. It isn't a lot of money but we need it to keep going. Would that cause her to be rejected? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Illegal overstay and illegal working is forgiven when marriage to usc occurs at adjustment of status.

Is she working "under the table" without soc sect number or is she using a social? Has she paid taxes on the money or filed tax returns?

I am in favor to request location of the Coffee house as well,,,,,,,' wut do u think Davdah?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    De panther be correct. However, as pointed out. It may matter if under or over the table. Mostly about the I-94 assuming over the table. If she said she was a USC or not. Since your friend helped out, better clue them in on the reproductions of stating USC on the I-94. That could cause some problems, I think.

Taxes may be owed. Since the dems are in power your paycheck has been appropriated for the greater good of the state.

Last request. We need to see what she looks like. The membership here requires the posting of pics in order to make a determination as to her potential with respect to the overall betterment of the gene pool. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it's a simple matter of overstay, then no lawyer required. As 4now said, it's all forgiven on marriage to a USC. Contrary to what they would have you believe, a lawyer can not speed anything up in an ordinary case, so if you and she are both capable of filling out the forms and sending them back in a timely manner, you're fine. One is recommended if there are extenuating circumstances though.

We don't require photos here (despite what some people would say. LOL), but it would be helpful to know a little more about her working situation and whether it was under the table or with a borrowed social.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by davdah:
    Please ignore Aroah, yes we do require pics. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ignore me? Hehe. I didn't realize you were my husband.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

You shouldn't need a lawyer at this stage as long as you got all the right forms and your fiancee has her I-94 card (just as if not more important than passport and visa). The forms are I-130, I-485 and I-765. DO NOT APPLY FOR TRAVEL DOCUMENTS (I-131). Your fiancee should not leave the country until she gets her green card.

I do suggest however that you try to save up some money between now and the interview (which should be about 4-6 months after you file) for a lawyer to go to the interview with you. Although a lawyer cannot speed up any processes, many officers at the interviews treat persons without attorneys much more harshly than those without attorneys... just a suggestion...

Thanks everyone. Her job is under the table. It's mostly tips and little of anything else. What does the i94 have to do with her job? Wasn't that the card they gave her when she got here? We didn't think about income taxes. Will she need to file when this is all done? She doesn't have a social security number and isn't using one for the job.

We want to visit her family in Gdansk when this is done. Four to six months isn't too long to wait. Do we have to be married first? I don't want to rush it but if we have to, we have to.

Based on what you're saying here. We still need a lawyer. What is the interview for?

If you want to see her picture you will have to post your own. Fair is fair. Haa haa haa.

It can be done even without an attorney.