free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Need advice - green card too long

Hi. I'm 18 years of age and my green card expired a while back. I filled out the I-90 and payed the fees. That paper I got said that the uscis got my stuff on July 15th of this year.. I went for my biometrics on August 2nd. The lady there said I should get my card between 60-90 days. It's been 4 months and I heard nothing or a green card deleivered. What can I do to inquire about my green card. USCIS website said case pending, but It can't be that long. Is there like a way to speak to a live person?

Thanks to the green card waiting, I'm unable to attend college. Also I cant file for SSI or Medicare. I have a serious medical condition (muscular dystrophy) and permanently disabled. I constantly need supplies and I have over $5000 in medical bills. That's why I'm so desperate for this green card and my parents are desperate as well. Any help/assistance would be grateful.

this is me:

Hi. I'm 18 years of age and my green card expired a while back. I filled out the I-90 and payed the fees. That paper I got said that the uscis got my stuff on July 15th of this year.. I went for my biometrics on August 2nd. The lady there said I should get my card between 60-90 days. It's been 4 months and I heard nothing or a green card deleivered. What can I do to inquire about my green card. USCIS website said case pending, but It can't be that long. Is there like a way to speak to a live person?

Thanks to the green card waiting, I'm unable to attend college. Also I cant file for SSI or Medicare. I have a serious medical condition (muscular dystrophy) and permanently disabled. I constantly need supplies and I have over $5000 in medical bills. That's why I'm so desperate for this green card and my parents are desperate as well. Any help/assistance would be grateful.

this is me:

You can make an info pass appointment and go in to talk to a USCIS employee. That is probably the best way to get you some information on your case. You can also write to your senators and ask them for help to find out why it is taking so long and give your medical situation.

Their website is never updated. I got my citizenship in September and their website up till today still says that my case is pending.

Thanks, I'll try the senator idea. I can't really travel out much, I live in NY

Also, I do not think you are out of GC status just because your green card expired. You are still a permanent resident. The agencies should not deny your benefits. Do you have a copy of your green card or some evidence that shows you are a permanent resident?

Wheelman90, your case is only pending and I don't think that you should be denied your usual benefit based on your status or pending case. Though, I don't know much of what happens in NY. I would advise that when you go for your benefits, to take the form (797C I'm not exactly sure of the #) but its notice of action or receipt with you. This form will show your provider that your case is in progress. Goodluck.

First, get a temporary green card from USCIS stamped in your passport. Those are valid for a year. The regular cards could take up to a year. Second, get an infopass appointment to discuss your problem or call the card center 800 number. It is on the USCIS website.

Smmeagolrocks: I have my old GC

federale86: i already got that stamp, but social security wont accept it. That was my 3rd attempt. btw, its a Guyanese passport, does that help?

I thought u can speak to a uscis rep on the phone by pressing a sequence of numbers.

Get a Social Security Lawyer - they take a cut of your settlement so you shouldn't have to pay them. SS makes up any excuse to deny benefits. Get on this right away. Your perm. residency does not expire just because your card did. You are still a PR and your A# is still the same. You have the same rights as a US citizen but you cannot vote. Get a supervisor at SS - don't just talk to the pleb at the desk. You can attend college, you can apply for Medicare and SSI. You should all ready have your SS#. Where did you get the idea you couldn't?

Stamp should work. Go to another office or ask for supervisor. You can get a new stamp every year until you get your new card. The temp stamp is supposed to be accepted by Social Security.