publisher - over
50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Thread: Sammy please help...IS Student facing deportation?

Sorry Sammy to post you in the header, but I have read your responses and they are so detailed and knowledgeable that I hope you may be offer some advice as well. Other advice and responses are also CERTAINLY welcomed! Thank you!

The Situation: 29 yo Nepalese student out of I-20 status for almost 11 months. I-20 expiration date (although meaningless perhaps) is for May, 2004. My friend quit going because of medical reasons (ulcers) and then school fell to the wayside until now. He tried getting into a few schools (transferring from old school as he had moved) but obviously found that he can't without a current I-20.

He has been told by schools that he will have to go to INS to try to reinstate but to be prepared to have to leave in 10 days if denied. Friends have told him to leave US and try to enter on a new visa with new F-1.

He is trying to find a lawyer but the ones that he has talked to have offered no other advice.

He is only 22 credits away from finishing one degree, 30ish from another.

He has been working full-time as he has a work permit. Is that a problem?

I have been told by Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckho on-list that his over-stay day count began as soon as he quit going to school. So he would now soon be facing 10-year barring from re-entry. HELP!

The Questions:
    1. Are there any options that my friend does not know about? (Besides go directly to INS or leave and come back.)

2. Is there any sort of likely outcome if he goes to INS? Is there anything he can do to create leniancy?

3. Does anyone know any good F1/deportation lawyers in Minnesota?

4. Is there anything he can do before going to INS to increase his odds of being able to stay and finish college?

***Thank you for any advice and reading this post. Blessings. He is really nice guy who's gotten himself into a real mess. I have been dating him for three months and want to do what I can to help him out. He's the cat's pajamas and the sparkle in my eye.***

Sorry Sammy to post you in the header, but I have read your responses and they are so detailed and knowledgeable that I hope you may be offer some advice as well. Other advice and responses are also CERTAINLY welcomed! Thank you!

The Situation: 29 yo Nepalese student out of I-20 status for almost 11 months. I-20 expiration date (although meaningless perhaps) is for May, 2004. My friend quit going because of medical reasons (ulcers) and then school fell to the wayside until now. He tried getting into a few schools (transferring from old school as he had moved) but obviously found that he can't without a current I-20.

He has been told by schools that he will have to go to INS to try to reinstate but to be prepared to have to leave in 10 days if denied. Friends have told him to leave US and try to enter on a new visa with new F-1.

He is trying to find a lawyer but the ones that he has talked to have offered no other advice.

He is only 22 credits away from finishing one degree, 30ish from another.

He has been working full-time as he has a work permit. Is that a problem?

I have been told by Lord Chief Justice, Master of the Buckho on-list that his over-stay day count began as soon as he quit going to school. So he would now soon be facing 10-year barring from re-entry. HELP!

The Questions:
    1. Are there any options that my friend does not know about? (Besides go directly to INS or leave and come back.)

2. Is there any sort of likely outcome if he goes to INS? Is there anything he can do to create leniancy?

3. Does anyone know any good F1/deportation lawyers in Minnesota?

4. Is there anything he can do before going to INS to increase his odds of being able to stay and finish college?

***Thank you for any advice and reading this post. Blessings. He is really nice guy who's gotten himself into a real mess. I have been dating him for three months and want to do what I can to help him out. He's the cat's pajamas and the sparkle in my eye.***