50000 pages of
free information!
Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: help with advice on police certificate?

Hello, this board is really great about the amount of good, useful advise it has to offer and I thank you.

Questions: If a lady lives in Ukraine, in Kiev, but once lived for four years in Volgograd, I understand she must go to Volgograd herself to apply for and get this police certificate, is this correct?

Must she go in person or can someone else, a relative from Volgograd get this for her?

If she must go herself what paperwork and documention must she bring with her? Does the police station have the correct forms or does she bring something with her and if so, what?

Should she call ahead and advise of her visit or just show up? How long does it take to get the certificate once she shows up?

What is the cost?

Thanks for any help.

Hello, this board is really great about the amount of good, useful advise it has to offer and I thank you.

Questions: If a lady lives in Ukraine, in Kiev, but once lived for four years in Volgograd, I understand she must go to Volgograd herself to apply for and get this police certificate, is this correct?

Must she go in person or can someone else, a relative from Volgograd get this for her?

If she must go herself what paperwork and documention must she bring with her? Does the police station have the correct forms or does she bring something with her and if so, what?

Should she call ahead and advise of her visit or just show up? How long does it take to get the certificate once she shows up?

What is the cost?

Thanks for any help.

jerry;
    did you ever recieve an answer to your question about the police certificate? My wife lives in Ukraine in Kiev. Any idea how she is to get this document?
    Thanks
    tania7999(at)aol(dot)com

I would suggest that you email the embassy in Kiev yourselves for details on how to obtain the certificate, or have your spouses call them.

They would be able to give you definitive information, as it varies from country to country.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

This is a fresh thread, sure OP is still here waiting for an answer
    http://www.anbsoft.com/images/usflag_med.jpg

"...I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibit

Thankyou Aroha
    at least the paperwork will make the time seem to go faster.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by honestlyspkng:
    Thankyou Aroha
    at least the paperwork will make the time seem to go faster. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

LOL. You would think so, wouldn't you?

In my case, the Consulate supplied me with a form that I had to fill out and sign, which was then returned to them and they forwarded it on to the police. I can't say it would be the same way in the Ukraine though, and I certainly can't say that it would've been the same if I'd had to get a police certificate from another country.

Again, the best way to get the answer is to go straight to the source and the Consulate should provide better answers than the USCIS or NVC customer care numbers.
    The whole of life is but a moment of time. It is our duty, therefore to use it, not to misuse it - Plutarch

I did give the answer in the other thread regarding the police certificate:

Apparently in her Packet 3 that she will receive, in there will be a form OF-167. That is the information about obtaining a Police Certificate that she needs.

He maybe able to download that form in advance from the Embassy website or online somewhere.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    God Bless America - God Bless Immigrants - God Bless Poor Misguided Souls Too

National Domestic Violence Hotline:
    1.800.799.SAFE (7233) 1.800.787.

Thanks again. I will send an e-mail to the embassy in Kiev.

Thanks for your help.
    I am off to the embassy website