Copyright
1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Deportation and Canada

Greetings Friends

Well, I just thought I'd throw this question out here quick, since we seem to have come to the end of our rope and I don't know what else to do.

Will the fact that my fiance is being deported affect our chances of being able to live in Canada?

Also, would it be better to marry him now and then apply to Canada with him as my dependent, or would it be better to go to Canada single, then marry him and send for him?

If anyone has any knowledge or info of a similar situation, I would be extremely grateful if you could share it.

Sorry I've been so out of touch everyone. It's not by choice. And I know we'll all be busy voting on Tuesday

Greetings Friends

Well, I just thought I'd throw this question out here quick, since we seem to have come to the end of our rope and I don't know what else to do.

Will the fact that my fiance is being deported affect our chances of being able to live in Canada?

Also, would it be better to marry him now and then apply to Canada with him as my dependent, or would it be better to go to Canada single, then marry him and send for him?

If anyone has any knowledge or info of a similar situation, I would be extremely grateful if you could share it.

Sorry I've been so out of touch everyone. It's not by choice. And I know we'll all be busy voting on Tuesday

Hi Juju,

Well, just a thought here...I think the sonest you marry him the better..this will add up to your
    history together and will make the marriage look
    really real and just to get him out of his problems...
    Did you try to take his file to yr congressman ??
    these guys help sometimes...
    One last thing, I really do hope he realizes how
    much you love him and loves you back as much as you do...
    Wish you good luck to both of you

Thanks

I have been writing to my congressmen, but perhaps I need to try a more personal approach, and ask for specific help with my case, instead of addressing the laws. It can't hurt at this point.

juju

Hang in there, Juju!! You'll be alright!

LaDiRecife,
    Are you from Brazil? My fiance is a resident there, and I am looking into teaching jobs there.

jj

PS-Thanks for the words of encouragement

Yes, I am!
    Hope you like Brazil! I am in CA (S.F. area) for company training and I'll be returning home next February.
    Let me know If I can be of any help!
    Take care!

Hi. I agree with . Marry him as soon as you can. You have much more claim to him (and a lot more responsibility toward him) once you are married. I don't know much about laws here or in Canada, but as your husband he will have more of a chance. In fact if it is as I think it is, if you get a work visa, as your husband, he may very well be included under that visa.

Although I believe that with the right presentation Canada should be completely possible.... you may want to consider Europe as a back up plan or you may want to consider Chile in South America... (just because you it is always better to have some sort of a back up plan.) But I am sure that Canada will work out fine!!!

Anyway, please keep us up to date!

LaDiRecife, spouse, and

Thanks for all your help! I think you people are keeping me sane!

LaDi, actually, I do have a question maybe you could help me with. I am going to Brazil on December 20th (Foz de Iguazu), and Bilal and I wanted to get married while I was down there. But I have been reading that it's not like it is here, and that I would have to send all of my documents to proper authorities in Brazil to have them translated. I was wondering if I could do that here through a visa service company. Also, I've read that you have to stay for up to two months in Brazil waiting for your papers to get finalized, etc. Is this true? Any ideas on where I could start the process or with whom I could speak in order to get some answers. I really do appreciate it!!! (By the way, I only have two weeks to spend in Brazil

How do you like Recife? It seems to be some sort of playground for the rich, from what I've seen on travel shows, and that is not my style. But there is an American elementary school there that I was going to send my resume to...

Thanks tons everyone! I'm so glad I have you to turn to!

juju

eH juju,
    just an idea...why don't you mary him before he goes to Brazil if you think that it is a real
    headache to get married there ?
    He is in detention doesn't he ? Is it forbidden by any law to get married there ? Or do it in his birth country when he got will get released ...
    this sound maybe ridiculous lol but it was an idea...
    and I agree with spouse about trying another country if canada doe not work..but again I do not see why canada would not work...did you check with a lawyer about this option ?? and you should believe in yr lawyer if you want to get some results otherwise do not hier one...once you get one just be very honest and direct with him..before signing any contract ask him first and before anything else about yours chances...if he is hesitant let him down then and look for someone else..a good lawyer is not only the most expensive one it is also the one who can tell you about your chances ..is it worth spending yr money efforts or no...
    good luck juju..you will be fine i am sure..you are a fighter..and a fighter who believe in his cause will always see the light at the end of the tunnel...again it is a matter of believing in yr cause or not...
    Best luck