free information!
Copyright
© 1995-
ILW.COM,
American
Immigration LLC.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: canadian with expired gc

Hi, Im a 25 year old canadian citizen. I was 12 years old when my parents immigrated to Canada.
    Before that we were living in Pakistan.
    During that time, my father had applied for the US GC lottery and became eligible for gc, and eventually we all received the gc. However, because my parents settled quite nicely in Canada. They kept pending our move to the States, and after a few years, decided to give up on the idea of moving to the US. So we now the GC's have expired for everyone in the family.

My main concern is,

1. I am planning a trip this weekend to NYC and Atlantic City with my friends from highschool. Should i just show my Canadian passport at the border? or do I need to announce my expired Greencard as well. (I have not visited the states in the past 8 years).

2. since I have recently graduated from medical school, I'd like to travel to the states quite often for conferences and perhaps even to pursue some post graduate studies/work opportunities in the states. whats the best way forward in this scenario?

Hoping to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Hi, Im a 25 year old canadian citizen. I was 12 years old when my parents immigrated to Canada.
    Before that we were living in Pakistan.
    During that time, my father had applied for the US GC lottery and became eligible for gc, and eventually we all received the gc. However, because my parents settled quite nicely in Canada. They kept pending our move to the States, and after a few years, decided to give up on the idea of moving to the US. So we now the GC's have expired for everyone in the family.

My main concern is,

1. I am planning a trip this weekend to NYC and Atlantic City with my friends from highschool. Should i just show my Canadian passport at the border? or do I need to announce my expired Greencard as well. (I have not visited the states in the past 8 years).

2. since I have recently graduated from medical school, I'd like to travel to the states quite often for conferences and perhaps even to pursue some post graduate studies/work opportunities in the states. whats the best way forward in this scenario?

Hoping to hear from you soon. Thanks.

Honey, if you have a Canadian Passport, that means you are a Canadian Citizen. If legally obtained, how you obtained it is nobody's business. You can travel to the US as many times as you want. Nobody is to ever ask you were you are from other than your're from Canada.

I wished people would stop being afraid of the US.
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

I enjoyed Kollerkraut's maxim of the day: "how you obtained it is nobody's business." Well, guess what, the Pakistani has a shady past, otherwise he/she wouldn't be so concerned. Way to go Kraut.

Kollerkort,

Being a Canadian citizen doesn’t give you no right to enter US should you be found not eligible to. e.g, if the system has flagged your name with intention for legal PR in US, this is sufficient reason to turn you back home, I have 8 1/2 years old approved F4-I130 and believe me, I for granted know that my name has already been flagged because USCIS/NVC should share information with customs. I think it was a legitimate question and i think they have the right to deny you entry should u be found with PR intention and not yet obtained! What do you think guys?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Kollerkrot:
    Honey, if you have a Canadian Passport, that means you are a Canadian Citizen. If legally obtained, how you obtained it is nobody's business. You can travel to the US as many times as you want. Nobody is to ever ask you were you are from other than your're from Canada.

I wished people would stop being afraid of the US. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

boy! it stinks here, what happened? that's right, the 3rd world, primitive, smelly Syrian showed his ugly face, yuck!!! you people are UGLY!!!

Any news on Aug2010 Cut-off date????

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NO AMNESTY!!!:
    boy! it stinks here, what happened? that's right, the 3rd world, primitive, smelly Syrian showed his ugly face, yuck!!! you people are UGLY!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NO AMNESTY!!!:
    I enjoyed Kollerkraut's maxim of the day: "how you obtained it is nobody's business." Well, guess what, the Pakistani has a shady past, otherwise he/she wouldn't be so concerned. Way to go Kraut. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt. I assume that he is just a "Canadian Citizen". Nevertheless, since NO AMNESTY came up with all that pessimism on name sake issues, perhaps you could have a letter typed up from someone/company or organizations you are visiting in the States - for the future conferences mentioned.

Honest people have nothing to fear!

....and, go to hell, NO AMNESTY!
    “...I may condemn what you say, but I will give my life for that you may say it”! - Voltaire

An honest American who has nothing to fear gets caught again and again at the border...

Frustration grows for NY woman repeatedly interrogated at Canadian border because of ID mix-up

SARANAC LAKE, N.Y. — Sylvie Nelson's border crossings are anything but routine. Customs agents sometimes order her out of her car. Twice, they handcuffed her in front of her young children. Once, agents swarmed her car and handcuffed her husband, too. She tells them: It's not me you want, it's a man with the same birth date and a similar name. Agents always confirm that and let her go. Then it happens again. And again. "I can understand one missed identification," Nelson said. "But over and over and over again?"

Washingtonexaminer.com
    "What you see in the photograph isn't what you saw at the time. The real skill of photography is organized visual lying."