N-400

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N-400

i am applying for naturalization , one of the questins on the form, asks wether you you have been arrested detained , cited , for any reason, i have some traffic tickets for failing to stop at a traffic light and filing to yield for a pedestrian. am i supposed to answer yes to the above question?

i am applying for naturalization , one of the questins on the form, asks wether you you have been arrested detained , cited , for any reason, i have some traffic tickets for failing to stop at a traffic light and filing to yield for a pedestrian. am i supposed to answer yes to the above question?

Comment

Those are just traffic violations. Those are not crimes and you were never arrested. So you need not mention them.
      Good luck.

Comment

Actually, the form asks about crimes or offences. I would answer yes to #15-17 in that section and explain that the incidents were all traffic violations. INS won't care that they happened, but they will care if they think you tried to lie and hide your record. That can be a grounds for denial. Even if the offenses in question aren't a grounds for denial, hiding them can be, so just be up front about them.

Comment

Working...
        X