married to usc, filing for my son

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• married to usc, filing for my son

I married a USC approximately one year ago. I am a mother of 2 sons, one is 18 and one is 20. About a year ago, my husband filed for both me and my sons for AOS. At the time when the application was filed, my sons were 17 and 19 years old. My question is with regard to my older son. He will turn 21 in april 2004 and I am afraid that if the interview doesn't come until that date, he is going to lose his chance of having his status adjusted, because he is over 21, and as I read on the NY INS site, if you're 21 or older, you are not eligible for adjustment by your parents' marriage. He was under 21 when the application was filed, and the whole process was delayed because of the sept 11 attacks. If my son turns 21 and my interview comes after that date, will my son have any chances of getting adjusted? Could somebody please tell me some alternatives to this ? Thank you very much and God bless you all hard working immigrants.

I married a USC approximately one year ago. I am a mother of 2 sons, one is 18 and one is 20. About a year ago, my husband filed for both me and my sons for AOS. At the time when the application was filed, my sons were 17 and 19 years old. My question is with regard to my older son. He will turn 21 in april 2004 and I am afraid that if the interview doesn't come until that date, he is going to lose his chance of having his status adjusted, because he is over 21, and as I read on the NY INS site, if you're 21 or older, you are not eligible for adjustment by your parents' marriage. He was under 21 when the application was filed, and the whole process was delayed because of the sept 11 attacks. If my son turns 21 and my interview comes after that date, will my son have any chances of getting adjusted? Could somebody please tell me some alternatives to this ? Thank you very much and God bless you all hard working immigrants.

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

I am in a similar situation... Could somebody please answer this issue, but I wish that the answer is something concrete. Thank you

Comment

deport illegal aliens

Comment

Working...
          X