How to petition an undeclared biological son

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to petition an undeclared biological son

Five years ago, I came here on a fiancee Visa. I am now married and just recently had become a naturalize US Citizen. My husband and I had a very tumultous relationsip prior to our marriage. Ten years ago, we decided to part ways, and during that time I got involved in a bad relationship wherein I ended up pregnant. After, I gave birth to my son, I never saw his biological father again. Unexpectedly, I received a letter from my husband now, asking me if I want to join him and be his wife here in the United States. Back then I did not have the courage to tell him the truth about my situation and my son. I accepted his proposal and after a year, I arrived here in US. I finally, got the courage to tell him the truth and to my surprise, he was very understanding and accepting about my situation. Now, we want to bring my son to live with us but I am afraid of the consequences of not telling the immigration at the beginning that I have a son out of wedlock. I don't know what to do and how to go about it. Please help!!!!

Five years ago, I came here on a fiancee Visa. I am now married and just recently had become a naturalize US Citizen. My husband and I had a very tumultous relationsip prior to our marriage. Ten years ago, we decided to part ways, and during that time I got involved in a bad relationship wherein I ended up pregnant. After, I gave birth to my son, I never saw his biological father again. Unexpectedly, I received a letter from my husband now, asking me if I want to join him and be his wife here in the United States. Back then I did not have the courage to tell him the truth about my situation and my son. I accepted his proposal and after a year, I arrived here in US. I finally, got the courage to tell him the truth and to my surprise, he was very understanding and accepting about my situation. Now, we want to bring my son to live with us but I am afraid of the consequences of not telling the immigration at the beginning that I have a son out of wedlock. I don't know what to do and how to go about it. Please help!!!!

Comment

You should apply for your son, you are his mother. In case, Immigration asks you about this, then you can explain them the situation. They are also human and will understand this. If Immigration starts giving you hard time, suspecting that you want to bring here somebody else's kid, so you can offer DNA test. It can be little tough, but your son will be here with you. When Immigration starts giving you hard time, then you should seek assitance from your Congressman and Senators. May be this situation will never arise.
      Good luck.

Comment

Working...
      X