Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HOPE FOR SOME, AND A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HOPE FOR SOME, AND A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS.

As I explained in my last post, I filed for Adjustment of Status in 2000 and I've been waiting since then.
    After 2 years of trying everything to find out what happened to my case ( I still fear some documments mya have got lost)I did the only thing left to do.
    I asked my husband to writte letters to the governor, to every single official in the INS, to anyone we could think of that had any power in this State.
    Since he is an american citizen I thought they would listen to him.
    They did. He received a call from the Inspection officer of Inmigration cases.
    He calmed us down and promissed us he would help us with all this INS problems we have.

He said there is many people like us waiting and waiting, not getting any answers. He apologized over and over.
    So please, for those who are waiting and feel lost dont give up. Ask your family or american friends to send letters or try to contact you those who may help you.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS QUESTION?

Once you go to the interview to adjust your status...do you get your passport stamped right away?
    Do you have to wait after the interview for them to give you an answer and then stamp your passport?
    If so...how long it ussually takes for them to contact you after the interview??
    THANKS

As I explained in my last post, I filed for Adjustment of Status in 2000 and I've been waiting since then.
    After 2 years of trying everything to find out what happened to my case ( I still fear some documments mya have got lost)I did the only thing left to do.
    I asked my husband to writte letters to the governor, to every single official in the INS, to anyone we could think of that had any power in this State.
    Since he is an american citizen I thought they would listen to him.
    They did. He received a call from the Inspection officer of Inmigration cases.
    He calmed us down and promissed us he would help us with all this INS problems we have.

He said there is many people like us waiting and waiting, not getting any answers. He apologized over and over.
    So please, for those who are waiting and feel lost dont give up. Ask your family or american friends to send letters or try to contact you those who may help you.

PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THIS QUESTION?

Once you go to the interview to adjust your status...do you get your passport stamped right away?
    Do you have to wait after the interview for them to give you an answer and then stamp your passport?
    If so...how long it ussually takes for them to contact you after the interview??
    THANKS

Comment

Glad to hear you got a direct and positive response. We too had to contact our senator to get some movement - they are just completely overwhelmed since the 9/11 thing and system conversions.

IF everything is in order you will get your passport stamped at the interview. You will be told "welcome to the US", get the stamp and be on your way, with the green card following some time later in the mail.

If everything is NOT in order, it will not be stamped and there will be more delays. Depending on the issue at hand that could be short or long - short, as in waiting for results of background check to come in and its well in process; long, like us, when my husband's pasport was sent to Chicago to a document authentication lab to be sure it wasn't tampered with (it had glue on the back from a homework project of his little brothers). The passport was in Chicago for almost 2 years. Now we are having to resubmit all the original proof of marriage to make sure it lasted through the wait!

Comment

Alice,

Did they give you your appointment date? Are you in NYC?

Comment

No, they didn't. But the offficer told me he would try to rush the appointment letter and if it is not here in 6 weeks I can call him again. I also talked to this great lady I found at the congressmen office and she is going to send me some papers I have to fill out, she will send them to the INS and she will try to get me an appointment. As you can see, some people REALLY CARE.
          Nobody promissed me that this would work. But this is MUCH MORE than anyone did for me over the last two years.
          And I'm in Chicago ( it is suppose to be so much worst here than in NYC)

Comment

Working...
          X