US Citizen Accompanying Spouse to Embassy Interview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• US Citizen Accompanying Spouse to Embassy Interview

I am curious as to what members think regarding should the US Citizen accompany his filipino spouse to the embassy interview in Manila?

Does it make a difference one way or the other?

I am curious as to what members think regarding should the US Citizen accompany his filipino spouse to the embassy interview in Manila?

Does it make a difference one way or the other?

Comment

I've heard it has a positive impact. One of the Q's they ask the foreign spouse is when is the last time you saw eachother. It supposedly helps or shows support in some way when they reply "oh just 30 minutes ago, he/she is waiting outside". It cant hurt, also lends moral support to your spouse who will no doubt be a bundle of nerves. I wish I could be there for my spouse for his K3 appt 11/10/03.

Comment

It will of course have a positive effect! BCIS assumes "guilty, untill proven innocent" in marriage based adjustment and petitions, the assumption even goes so far as it is considered almost always a fraudelent one, so the U.S. citizen spouse being present is a big plus!

Comment

What if filing for a K1? Does the precense of the USC have the same impact?

Comment

Working...
          X