visitor---------HELP

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• visitor---------HELP

I would like to bring my mother in law here to visit her grandaughter and me. My husband, ( her son) passed away over 3 years ago. I would like to know what steps do she and I need to take to make this possible. I would like to get a tourist visa for her for 30 days. She is from Mexico.. I hope this is enough information for someone to help!!!!

I would like to bring my mother in law here to visit her grandaughter and me. My husband, ( her son) passed away over 3 years ago. I would like to know what steps do she and I need to take to make this possible. I would like to get a tourist visa for her for 30 days. She is from Mexico.. I hope this is enough information for someone to help!!!!

Comment

Hello Mechemax,

I really am so sorry to hear about your husband and I want you to know, I highly respect you for trying to bring your mother-in-law over to see you and her granddaughter. She really is so lucky to have a daughter-in-law like you.

First thing you need to do is send her a letter to invite her to come and see her grand-daughter along with an Affidavit of Support Form I-134. You can download this form from this website(You will need to fill this in). You also need to send along a Bank Letter, Job letter, and a copy of your Income Tax Return for last year along with the Affidavit of Support I-134.

It would be better if you could arrange a recommendation letter from your Congressman and attach that also with your letter. If your mother-in-law is over 55, then there should be no problem in getting her a Tourist Visa.

Good Luck and God Bless!

One Heart

Comment

She is 58 I believe. Can you possibly tell me why they want my income? I am also a full time student and recieve funding thru school. (scholarships) would this be considered income? My work income is right at 15,000 a year. I am not sure if this is too low or not. What forms do I need to fill out? Or does she need? Thank You so much for your help One Heart.....

Comment

Hi again Mechemax,

According to your mother-in-law's age, she should not have any problem. Since you are inviting her, you must fill out the Affidavit of Support Form I-134 (on the left hand column of this page click on Download Forms and you will find the I-134 there), send your Income Tax Return, Job Letter and Bank Letter with it. This requirement is to make sure that when she comes here to the United States, she will be taken care of for Boarding, Lodging, and other minor expenses.

Your income of $15,000 is sufficient.

Good Luck and if we can be of any other help, please, don't hesitate to ask.

One Heart

Comment

the sponsor's income is not relevant to the granting of a visitor visa to someone. The applicant has to qualify based on their own circumstances and not the circumstances of anyone who is 'inviting' them to the US. An invitation does not give special status to the invitee. The embassy has to be convinced that the person asking for the visa will leave the US promptly after their visit. Letters from other sources do not affect this decision-making process.

Comment

Working...
            X