No announcement yet.

Big Social Security Number problem!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big Social Security Number problem!!!!

Hi-
    My wife has a job with a major hospital, and has been granted permanent resident status, ie, her passport was stamped last week with the I-551. She started work based upon representations to both her and the hospital by local SSA office that all she had to do was go in, present the passport with I-551, and she would be given a SSN, with the card to arrive in a couple months.

Now, after she went to work yesterday, the SSA office says, no, your alien satus isn't on the system yet, so you can't get a SSN # yet--- and it will take 6 weeks to get verification. I Any one have any idthanks!!eas on how to quickly get this resolved......

Hi-
    My wife has a job with a major hospital, and has been granted permanent resident status, ie, her passport was stamped last week with the I-551. She started work based upon representations to both her and the hospital by local SSA office that all she had to do was go in, present the passport with I-551, and she would be given a SSN, with the card to arrive in a couple months.

Now, after she went to work yesterday, the SSA office says, no, your alien satus isn't on the system yet, so you can't get a SSN # yet--- and it will take 6 weeks to get verification. I Any one have any idthanks!!eas on how to quickly get this resolved......

Comment

Working...
    X