Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joining the army

Hello to all,
    I have a question, and it is can you join the US armmed forces with a conditional greencard?
    Thank you.

Hello to all,
    I have a question, and it is can you join the US armmed forces with a conditional greencard?
    Thank you.

Comment

Best way is to check with Recruiting Offices of Armed Forces. May be they will allow you to join if you file N-300 Intention to become a Citizen.
      Good luck.

Comment

Yes Caliman, you may. But like Passi said, check with your local recruiter. If you would like to make the Army a career, meaning to retire from it, then you will have to file for your citizenship before you finish your eighth year of service.

Good luck..

Comment

Thanks Umesh and Younes for your responses. But what happens if you get deployed overseas after i join, and your us citizen spouse doesn't want to move with you? Could the separation raise red flags for the INS when it comes time to remove my conditional status? Thank you.

Comment

If you joined the military, all the residency requirement get waived. The BCIS will know that you are serving the country, and many times the spouse cannot leave the continental US with the service member as is the case if deployed to a hostile area such as Iraq or Korea.

Comment

Working...
            X