I-485 pending

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I-485 pending

My I-485 is pending. My current visa and my I-94 will soon expire. Do I need to change to another non-immigration visa in order to keep my status?

My I-485 is pending. My current visa and my I-94 will soon expire. Do I need to change to another non-immigration visa in order to keep my status?

Comment

please give more info what is about?
      it's not clear, so we'll try to help U

Comment

you need to apply for an extension, go to the gov
        website and download the forms(cant remember which one). you will also need photo copy front and back of your i94 to send offf with the form.

Comment

I think the INS deems you to be in "lawful" status whilst your petition is being adjudicated, even if your I94 expires.

In any event, to be absolutely sure about this, please consult an attorney

I hope somebody else will verify this information I just gave to you.

Paudy

Comment

As far as my attorney hs advised me is that once i have applied for I-485, I dont have to renew my visa or I-94, anything like that. Paudy is correct in what is being said. Do u have EAD, Advance parole because these are always good to have. Good luck

Comment

Yes...I I have an EAD and I'm waiting for my advance parole.
              I have an attorney but she has not answers my queries. She only says that there is no definitive answer as this is a "grey area" and open to a number
              of interpretations as well as INS discretion.

Comment

Once your I-485 is with the INS,your current approved visa is no longer needed.There is nothing to worry about your expiring I-94 and there is no need to have a new visa since you are technically in status while your I-485 is being process.

Comment

So...While my I-485 is pending even without a valid visa...am I not out of status?

Comment

Once you have a pending AOS application with the INS, you are technically legally present in the U.S, until the final outcome of your application.

So quit worrying, ok?

Paudy

Comment

Thanks Paudy

Comment

Working...
                      X