Attorney Fees

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attorney Fees

I know that the BCIS/INS fees can sometimes be quite high, but I've been hearing about attorney fees that are even higher. I'm curious, what is the highest amount anyone has paid on attorney fees (not counting BCIS/INS fees)?

info@myronmorales.com

I know that the BCIS/INS fees can sometimes be quite high, but I've been hearing about attorney fees that are even higher. I'm curious, what is the highest amount anyone has paid on attorney fees (not counting BCIS/INS fees)?

info@myronmorales.com

Comment

To renew my H1 status, I paid $1,700 in attorney fees, and another $1,200 in BCIS fees and other expenses. So $2,900 in all.

Comment

I used to work in a large immigration firm that didn't charge that much. I've never charged that much in my own practice. Thanks for responding, I was just wondering what the rates were.

Comment

$2,000 - $2,500 for a simple AOS case (last step)

Comment

I realize that some firms have a high overhead and have to pay associates' salaries. The feeling I get from talking to some people is that paying high fees is sometimes a mark of good service. Would you agree or do you think it is best to shop around for an experienced attorney with reasonable rates? Or, are these things being paid for by companies?

Comment

Attorneys who work for little money may not be that reliable...this does not mean, of course, that those who charge high fees are any more reliable...just that it's a lot easier for the latter ones to get your money after messing your case up...

Comment

Yeah, that is the feedback I've been receiving. Since going out on my own, I've been trying to set a fair rate. However, other attorney fees seem to be only on the high end. But, if I go too low, then I deal with the point you made. Thanks for your input.

Comment

I would think that it would not matter what a person charged, high or low fees, just as long as that person had a good record. If he/she did have such a record and still charged low rates at the same time, I think it would be easier to trust that one person over others making me think they really care more about others well-being and not just their own.

Comment

That's what I thought, but it seems most people can't research the attorney's record. As such, they tend to rely on price as an indicator. I think this is why most people rely on word of mouth when looking for an attorney. This is all really great information.

Comment

u know paying that much money for an INS lawyer when u have a valid case is stupid.INS is just an agency like DMV or SS u shouldnt pay that kinda money to get any thing done.lawyers dont do much anyways,they just fool new comers and show them uncle sam greed.

Comment

Thanks for your input and I respect your opinion. I'm going to log off, so thanks again.

Comment

First of all, I would like to extend my thank you for the time and the advice you have dedicated to this board. Secondly, I would also like to say that I am very intrigued by your interest that you have concerning others opinions and views. I highly respect you for taking the time to listen and to have such an open mind to those who have posted their opinions.

I am not business minded myself, but I was just wondering if an attorney could be very successful if he/she charged a certain fee according to the person's salary and/or a minimal fee for those unemployeed. The only reason for this suggestion or idea was because I know many immigrants that have come over and have gotten off to a very slow start. So many are really struggling to make a decent life for themselves. Especially during this day and age.

Mr. Morales, I want to wish you the very best of luck in your business and truly hope that you can be there for those in need that have very little money to work off of.

Best Wishes and God Bless!

Comment

Working...
                          X