Question regarding I-94 and L-1B visa

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question regarding I-94 and L-1B visa

I would appreciate any information regarding this. I will check on this with a lawyer but before I can do that I hope I can get at least some peace of mind.

I came to the US on a L-1B visa. I have been here since 1998. I have been to my homecountry several times since my move here. Each time I got a new I-94 card. However, I have not left the US since January 2000. During this time period my employer applied for a visa extension which was granted in February of this year, after 6 months of waiting. I recently realized that my I-94 card shows "admited until ..." which happens to be the expiration date of my initial visa. I am not sure what this means now. As I mentioned above, my visa got extended and at the time it was extended my I-94 had expired already and I have not since left the country, so do currently not have a new visa stamp nor do I have a new I-94 card.

Can anyone comment on this situation? I do have the letter from INS stating that my visa extension got approved and I got a letter from my company stating that I am still employed with them and that they ask the embassy to issue a new visa etc. So I have all the paperwork in order, just I do not have the actual documents, meaning new visa stamp and I-94 card showing the expiration date of the new visa.

I would appreciate any information regarding this. I will check on this with a lawyer but before I can do that I hope I can get at least some peace of mind.

I came to the US on a L-1B visa. I have been here since 1998. I have been to my homecountry several times since my move here. Each time I got a new I-94 card. However, I have not left the US since January 2000. During this time period my employer applied for a visa extension which was granted in February of this year, after 6 months of waiting. I recently realized that my I-94 card shows "admited until ..." which happens to be the expiration date of my initial visa. I am not sure what this means now. As I mentioned above, my visa got extended and at the time it was extended my I-94 had expired already and I have not since left the country, so do currently not have a new visa stamp nor do I have a new I-94 card.

Can anyone comment on this situation? I do have the letter from INS stating that my visa extension got approved and I got a letter from my company stating that I am still employed with them and that they ask the embassy to issue a new visa etc. So I have all the paperwork in order, just I do not have the actual documents, meaning new visa stamp and I-94 card showing the expiration date of the new visa.

Comment

Working...
    X