When I can aplly for citizenship? Any idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• When I can aplly for citizenship? Any idea

I got conditional GC in Jan'2000, and applied for remove of condition in November'2001. After that i did not hear any thing from INS.I called them and last week i got a letter to extension of one more year about my conditional status.
    Accordingly to my learning by this discussion board I can apply for citizenship after 3 years from the date of granted me a condition status.Please let me know what i need to do to apply for citizenship.
    Looking your kind advice .
    Mujeeb

I got conditional GC in Jan'2000, and applied for remove of condition in November'2001. After that i did not hear any thing from INS.I called them and last week i got a letter to extension of one more year about my conditional status.
    Accordingly to my learning by this discussion board I can apply for citizenship after 3 years from the date of granted me a condition status.Please let me know what i need to do to apply for citizenship.
    Looking your kind advice .
    Mujeeb

Comment

Check INS web site and search more.

Comment

You are married to a USC, so you can apply for Naturalization for three years. These days I-751 processing is taking little over a year, that is why INS has extended your Conditional Card. By the time you will be eligible for Naturalization, hopefully your condition will be removed, if they find credible all the evidence submitted by you.
        Sometime INS calls both husband and wife for an interview at the time of removal of condition on GC.
        Good luck.

Comment

It used to be and I don't know if it still is that you could file for citizenship even if your conditions haven't been removed but they will only give you a definate yes after the conditions are removed from your green card. I would just wait for the conditions to be removed first and then file.

Comment

Working...
          X