SENATE VOTES TO END SPECIAL REGISTRATION

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SENATE VOTES TO END SPECIAL REGISTRATION

Last Thusday in a little-noticed ammendment to a massive appropriations bill, the Senate voted to cut off funds to the Justice Department and end the controversial Special Registration program.

The House version of the bill contains no language cutting off appropriations to the program.

The matter goes now to a Senate-House Conference Committee to resolve differences between the two bills.

The Bush Administration has announced that it plans to lobby to continue the Special Registration program.

http://www.shusterman.com/

(look up at the news ticker - today's notice)

Last Thusday in a little-noticed ammendment to a massive appropriations bill, the Senate voted to cut off funds to the Justice Department and end the controversial Special Registration program.

The House version of the bill contains no language cutting off appropriations to the program.

The matter goes now to a Senate-House Conference Committee to resolve differences between the two bills.

The Bush Administration has announced that it plans to lobby to continue the Special Registration program.

http://www.shusterman.com/

(look up at the news ticker - today's notice)

Comment

Is it true or a hoax,can some lawyer confirm this news?

Comment

Are you an idiot? Of course it is true -- the link is posted below!

Comment

Let's hope now negotiations between Senate, House and Bush will be successful, to at least curb the program...

Comment

Well, to say the truth I do not want to see this Programme repealed -- I'm so fed up that I just want an excuse to go back to my country -- and this Special Registration thing is a very credible excuse.

Comment

Does this means they stopped registration

Comment

This is definitely not a hoax. The White House and Bush Administration are PUSHING to keep registration funding going, but if the bill goes through as it is - pretty perfect situation for INS dont you think?!

They get to register ALL the muslim countries, and before any of the major countries come on the list, like India, or Mexico, or China, which have MILLIONS of people here, the funding will run out! Great strategy on INS's part.

Comment

to "ms":

No, but it may be that no other countries will be added to the list. Unless Administration and INS are being totally stupidified...

Comment

I don't think it's clever on the INS and Administration part to be slick and treat people not equally - why should Muslim be sacrificed and Indians, Filipinos, and Mexicans saved? This is not equality and justice, but injustice and discrimination!

Comment

Good point, Discriminatory!

Comment

It may be discriminatory but its neither the Mexicans nor the Filipinos who bombed the World Trade Center.
                        The INS is just being real.
                        It would be a nonsense to let non-Muslims register first.

Comment

Noone should be required to undergo that stupid program, neither Muslims nor any other nationals.

Comment

So let's see what'll come up...(*lurking*)

Comment

Excuse me, "neither...nor", are you suggesting that Muslims are a nation??? It doesn't make that much sense that way; unless of course you're "proposing" - so to speak...

Comment

Working...
                              X