Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OverStayed, Filed for 245(i), Special Registration - Now what?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OverStayed, Filed for 245(i), Special Registration - Now what?

All,

I came to USA on a B1/B2 visa. I then overstayed for good as my children were already going to school on F1 visa. I then filed for 245(i) in April 2001 and the petition still is PENDING with Texas WorkForce Commision. I was then forced to go to Special Registration and then given NTA just b/c the fact that there was no response from TX WorkForce. My court date is on August 8th, 2003 for the NTA. Please tell me what can be done in my situation. I have never been to any crime and have been paying lawyers, INS, and Bureaucracy to fix my papers.

All,

I came to USA on a B1/B2 visa. I then overstayed for good as my children were already going to school on F1 visa. I then filed for 245(i) in April 2001 and the petition still is PENDING with Texas WorkForce Commision. I was then forced to go to Special Registration and then given NTA just b/c the fact that there was no response from TX WorkForce. My court date is on August 8th, 2003 for the NTA. Please tell me what can be done in my situation. I have never been to any crime and have been paying lawyers, INS, and Bureaucracy to fix my papers.

Comment

Your NTA will be cancelled because the Special Registration is over by now.

Comment

Wrong, Ardeshir.

Comment

Are any of your children US Citizen?
          Are you married?
          What date was you NTA sent to you?

Comment

Ardeshir, I have been through to Special registration and thats when I have received the NTA.

John,
            None of my children are US citizen. I am married. The NTA was sent to me last month.

Comment

Some peoples i know ,they have 2/3 US born child .but they got 3 months to leave US .they went through registration and got NTA but their labor certification was pending ,it was not approved the time they went for hearing to the immigration court. Those friends of mine live in LA, and in NY. Now it does not mean that you have to face the same .but be prepare for the bad .I hope everythings will be fine .God bless you all.

Comment

If we wouldnt have gone to the Special Registration then when we would have gotten approval for labor cert. they would give us hard time anyway.

Is there anyone who have gotten NTA and then went for court hearing?

Comment

Special Registration is over for this year, at least. Should you have not gone you'd not be under deportation now. They would have not said anything bad to you for not going.

Comment

So... complying with the law is wrong? Seems like I would be better off not going for Special Registration.

Comment

I would like to know that how can one prove that going for Special Registration is my fault.

Now that I cant change back the time. What are the consequences? What are the possiblities for me when I show up infront of IJ?

Comment

Quest: Now it is up to the Judge to decide what'll happen...s/he can order you deported immediately if s/he wants in case you've no other venue besides your Labor Certification to adjust status. In case you're able to file pretty soon an I-140/I-485 you're pretty much in a difficult situation.

Comment

What are I-140/I-485 for?

I appreciate all of you who are answering my questions.

Comment

You can file I-140 together with the I-485 with an BCIS Service Center once your Labor Certification is approved from the Department of Labor.

Comment

All, I called TX workforce commision and they dont want to tell me the status. This is crazy, they have the file since April 2001 and its been more than 2 years. Can someone tell me what can be done?

Comment

Working...
                              X